Wordpress Datafeed
    How do you get a datafeed put on wordpress also is there any editing I have to do to the datafeed.

There are a few paid plugins/services that you can use or you would need to get/write a script. Or you can parse it into xhtml and display pages you build. Preferably you would edit the descriptions to make them unique. In my experience there are very few datafeeds that don't need any editing if only to categorize things usefully. Good luck.

If you use the search function, there probably are half a dozen discussions of using datafeeds in WP, including some that suggest plugins which are available.

Technically, you can use a good WP datafeed plugin "off the rack," and get some results into your WP blog. But, as 2busy said, there are very, very few datafeeds that you won't want to edit before going "live" on your site. Datafeeds are the bane of affiliate marketers' existence simply because merchants are incredibly sloppy with their feeds, category fields vary from one merchant to another, most merchants rarely if ever clean up their feeds regarding broken or bad code, changed or discontinued products, etc.
    Generate more fake news.

Well what you guys recommend using sitebuilder with hostgator or using wordpress

If this is your first site and you don't know any html you are better off starting out with Wordpress because the basic framework will be provided for you. You should try to learn some html so that you can manage your site better no matter what format it is in.

Yeah I have read that HTML skills are important how should I go about learning them just from working with websites or what

Quote Originally Posted by mlewis337 View Post
    Yeah I have read that HTML skills are important how should I go about learning them just from working with websites or what
    Here's a really great site with concise, and many hands-on, tutorials on HTML, on PHP, CSS, and a ton of other website building knowledge. It's an excellent place to get a solid introduction to all of that and more:

W3Schools Online Web Tutorials

NOTE: That domain really is "www.w3schools.com" and if you leave the "w" off of "w3schools.com" it'll get you to the wrong place. (I mention that because I quickly read and typed it WRONG in my browser address bar and took an extra couple of minutes figuring out what happened. )
    Generate more fake news.

Yep..good source Gary. I find myself referring back to that site every so often.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread