I got an invite to a merchant with a cookie duration of .167 days! What is this? 2 hours?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Four hours actually.

Send them a nice email reply telling them that their return days is laughable and you don't waste your time with merchants who aren't serious about their affiliate program. Try not to swear at them (I know it's tempting).

I was already an affiliate with that program. When I got their email with the changes to their terms it took 5 minutes to pull their links.
    ~Ernie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What is this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's El Turdo Grande

Four hours would net you approx. 78% of your potential commissions. Don't ask me how I know this?

Of course it also depends on the merchant.

IMO, I think a 30 day cookie is very fair - usually pays 98% of potetial commissions on average.

Of course it also depends on the merchant.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Any BHO Infested merchant theoretically on a single session cookie as they refresh every pop. So Todd means that 78% of CJ network sales take place within 4 hours of placing the cookie. All such stats a meaningless as the exact opposite is the truth for legit TOS following domain bound affiliates without a coupon/rebate/deal SE spam listing.

Don't throw away a battle you fought along with myself and others to force the networks off single session or 1 day cookies. You benefited from that battle won hands down showing the real merchants conversion stats sucked for all but the session only spammers.

Quit shoe horning the new ValueClick Ad network spin that requires the majority of the sale commissions go to session only tricksters. If the 30+ day cookies didn't whack the pocketbooks of the diversion king dud merchants they would have raise such a stink before the BHO's hit the scene. Try and push the 1 day cookie on your CJ affiliate force or 1 occurance only copouts to your merchants and I'll actually join in the CJ bashing group for the first time in 5 years.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

MIke,

I honestly cannot understand anything you post.

It always comes off as blah, blah, blah...BHO, cookie swapping, single session, 1 day, domain bound, mumbo jumbo.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread