Issue with Multiple Index Pages on field name change
    Hi Richard,

I sent this to your support email address but never received a reply. Perhaps the zip file attached stopped it by filters. Using WM 2.6 on Win XP Pro SP3

I have an issue with index template functions. I simply cannot get this to work with my CSV files. You WM demo for Congress CSV file will work. So it seems not to be Webmerge itself. But I cannot find a thing different in the CSV files I am using versus the CSV file for WM demo.

When to make new Index Pages

I select radio Multiple pages Check when field changes. Then select the proper field.

I am using a standard Excel CSV file. The fields and tags are all correct.

I tried checking the box on Source tab for ascending sort. This only gives an Error message that the field does not exist ( it does exist).

I am including a Zip with the test files for you. These are manually created CSV in Excel. Nothing but commas for delimiters. I have many other actual CSV files for work that will not work, but wanted to keep these tests simple.

Regards,
    Jan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bump Bump Richard
    Needs some help here. Will try your support email again

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks. I got your email from last night, but the last email I'd received from you before then was on the 10th (a general request for templates), and some correspondences from 2009.

I've added your email address to my mail server's white list, just in case it got trapped in my spam filters (I have some very good ones in place, but they turn up a couple false positives now and then). So going forward we should be set with email.

But on the issue at hand, I have some good news: thanks to your excellent example files I was able to pin down a bug in v2.6, and just posted a Beta build of v2.6.1 for you to test:

Index of /products/webmerge/test261b

That folder contains three Zip archives, one for each platform. This test build is the application only, so just unzip it and put it into your existing WebMerge folder.

Please let me know how that works out for you.

Re. templates: if you still need a hand with those you might consider contacting the web developers listed on our Consultants page:
    4W WebMerge - Consultants
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Hey Richard

Firstly, thanks for excellent support. I tested the Beta build and it indeed has cured the issue.

I feel much better about my CSV files. Was pulling hair out over this issue assuming the only possibility was the CSV files.

Can I suggest you sent a general mailing to all customers about this?

I would much prefer to get regular mailings from you about ANY issue to do with Webmerge. Don't think you would annoy us, it would be most helpful

Regards,
    Jan
    Last edited by JayMan; October 29th, 2010 at 10:44 PM.

Affiliate Manager
    I used to maintain a mailing list for WebMerge, but after having my own In Box flooded with such things from other vendors I swore off it. But I think you're right: if I keep the traffic very minimal (never more than once a month), and make it easy to opt out of for those who don't want it, it's probably more useful than not.

I'll set that up soon - be expecting the inaugural email from the new list within a week or so.

And please do let me know how the test build works for you. If it goes well with your testing and others I'll make an official v2.6.1 from it.

Thanks -
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread