Does 50% commission rate attractive?
    I saw a news in the forum New Program Announcements & Paid Ads that an advitiser gives 50% commission rate to new publishers to their program. But the new publishers should get a certain average daily sale. I think it is very attractive. Is there anybody joined that program?

50% is a nice commission, depending on the merchant. Why is this posted in the "Affiliate Marketing Events and Gatherings" forum? It has nothing to do with any events.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnsoft View Post
    But the new publishers should get a certain average daily sale.
    What do you mean by this statement?

Also- 50% is pretty good. I recently talked with an affiliate who was getting 60%, but they have been around for a long time and have proven to be very successful. 50% just starting out is a good commission.

It depends on the product and merchant. Some hosting programs pay over 100%. 75% is not unusual for software commissions. 50% on a sofa is unheard of. Without naming the program it is pretty hard to get useful feedback.

Remarking about a 50% commission rate is actually meaningless - unless the vertical and/or product are also described.

Also - moving to Midnight Cafe...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

2busy- how can an affiliate program pay over 100%? How do they make money?

That's called a "Customer Acquisition Cost" (or something like that) and is used in cases where the anticipated long-term gain of having a new customer outweighs the initial cost (or loss, as it may be, on the first sale).

Some people run PPC at a loss - just to gain a new customer that, hopefully, "next time" will click directly to a merchant site.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnsoft View Post
    Does 50% commission rate attractive?
    Not if the merchant doesn't convert, the product doesn't appeal to your user base, merchant has a high reversal rate or just doesn't pay. And the list goes on and on.

50% commission by itself is useless. 50% of nothing is.... Well, you get it. There are so many variables that dictate whether any commission rate is attractive or not that it's impossible to rate a program based on that metric alone.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I don't think I could totally trust a merchant that has a 50% commission base. Bet the reversal rate is through the roof. Its kinda iffy, would actually depend on who the merchant was and what are the guidelines like only product a is 50% and product b and c are 5 percent and if a customer buys product d then there is no commission?!? Make sense to anyone?
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Quote Originally Posted by PushPin View Post
    What do you mean by this statement?

Also- 50% is pretty good. I recently talked with an affiliate who was getting 60%, but they have been around for a long time and have proven to be very successful. 50% just starting out is a good commission.

The first 10 days after joining, you should get average daily sale of $50, otherwise, the commission rate will be 30%. Just like this. But they guarantee the least rate is 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    It depends on the product and merchant. Some hosting programs pay over 100%. 75% is not unusual for software commissions. 50% on a sofa is unheard of. Without naming the program it is pretty hard to get useful feedback.
    here is the introduction of its affiliate marketing: http://www.dinodirect.com/affiliate-program

It sounds good there. Any suggestion?
    Last edited by MichaelColey; October 29th, 2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Unlinked

Remarking about a 50% commission rate is actually meaningless - unless the vertical and/or product are also described.
    +1
    discussing one feature of an unknown program with an unknown product is completely useless to anyone. There is nothing to compare it to.
    I saw a news in the forum New Program Announcements & Paid Ads that an advitiser gives 50% commission rate to new publishers to their program.
    link please? That way this discussion might make sense.

Here's that link. Is that a legit ad title? Hmmm, this thread may be a bogus discussion.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Better be careful - you're looking very much like a shill.

If you really like this company, you might want to go visit their office. They're right across the bay from you.

As for this merchant, one of the networks they're on is ShareASale.com. From the stats there, it looks like their EPC over the past 7 days has been $2 (yep, 2 cents per click). While they say they have tiered commissions from 20% to 50%, all they have set up is 20%. Also, they claim to have a 90 day cookie but it's 45 days.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thread: [LS][CJ][GAN][SAS][Webgains][clixGalore]Earn 50% Commission By Joining ...

no wonder they might need a shill.

Is non-relevant keyword stuffing for promo titles like the one linked to allowed? It's going to be quite annoying to have this promo come up in searches because they include network names.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Moderator Note: Thread closed and Shill banned.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

18. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread