http and a telephoto
    It seems I have a bunch of invites and as I send them they get replenished, so if you've been waiting for a chance to give it a spin, PM me your real name and email address and I'll send one along.

[fixed a typo]
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Deb,

I will take one send it to
    1122 Boogie Woogie Avenue
    Butthead , USA 123456

PM Sent
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

ABW Ambassador
    What's the big deal, someone? anyone?! LOL

http and a telephoto
    I could have auctioned them off on ebay, but for $.99 each it didn't seem worth the energy SamyT the big deal is mostly that it just isn't available to the public yet, it is by invitation only. They seem to be replenishing invites regularly, so are trying to expand the user base without blowing the doors off.

It is a pretty cool way to handle email. You can still delete stuff, but you can also archive and trash stuff, tag it and view it in some pretty cool ways. All this without downloading the mail to your computer. I am testing forwarding a couple of domain based email addresses that have been targets of spam and letting the google guys get a good look at the spam. They haven't tagged anything incorrectly yet. So, I am hoping that gmail will actually help the search results in the long run by giving them the info about spammers so they can can the urls used in spam from the algo. This is pure speculation on my part. One can only hope! If they can all the spammy pill pushers etc it will give my nice sites room to be near the top of the results again

Anyway, I still have a few invites left, I haven't logged in to see if they have replenished the ones I sent out earlier today. All those that signed up should have invites of their own by the end of the day.
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    Gmail makes hotmail look like snailmail.
    Spell checker is killer, archiving, 1,000 megs of space, flagging (starring). I love it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So, I am hoping that gmail will actually help the search results in the long run by giving them the info about spammers so they can can the urls used in spam from the algo. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you ever had a spammer spoof the header with one of your domains and then you get in trouble for it? I hope google does not take that approach cuz it's happened to me.

Now if it can just stay out of legal trouble……

ABW Ambassador
    Do the extra invites come in your gmail?

http and a telephoto
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sid_:
    Have you ever had a spammer spoof the header with one of your domains and then you get in trouble for it? I hope google does not take that approach cuz it's happened to me.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes, and Gmail marks the spoofed mail as spam and my regularly addressed mail not as spam, so they look at the full headers, not just the to/from to determine spam.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Do the extra invites come in your gmail? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes, send some messages using your account and *poof* once they see you are active you should get some invites. The ones I used up in the last couple of days have been replenished On an account I haven't had incoming mail to, I haven't been issued any invites.
    Deborah Carney

I Got Yahoo... for now
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

PM sent Deborah.

ABW Ambassador
    My husband sent me an invite, I signed up and immediately received 6 invites to send to someone else. It's like the pert (i believe) commercial, she told 2 friends, who told 2 friends, and so on. I'm guessing soon, there won't be a reason for this to be beta gmail. Everyone who wants one will have an account.

Robin

http and a telephoto
    Invites are getting plentiful it seems, but the estimates for the public release range from "soon" to "months". In the meantime, I keep getting replenished so if someone wants one let me know
    Deborah Carney

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread