PHP broken with server upgrade
    The Popshops php code is broken today after our server company upgraded to PHP 5. All of our Popshops stores are broken.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any suggested fixes?

Contact your host about the problem, or update your php.ini file if you use your own settings. PopShops runs OK on php5.

Wow, your post made my heart rate go up and I immediately went to check my shops that also use PHP code. That's one of my biggest fears. I sure hope you can get things fixed quickly. Who is your host?

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

I'd rather not name the hosting company because we had advanced warning of the upgrade from PHP 4 to PHP 5. Plus the hosting company responded rapidly and got me fixed up.

After the upgrade from PHP 4 to PHP 5, the host did forget to re-enable PHP on our server but they quickly fixed it.

Also, they helped me update the .htaccess with PHP 5.

It turned out that the regular index.php pages with Popshop worked fine but the html pages with Popshop inserted with PHP were broken.

Now all is well with my Popshops pages.

I did discover that some of my other non Popshop PHP code that worked in PHP 4 does not work anymore and I had to upgrade the code for PHP 5. A good learning experience.

On a side note: my GoldenCan enabled pages still aren't working but I don't have many of those anymore.
    Last edited by Smokey99; October 30th, 2010 at 11:48 AM.

http and a telephoto
    A Dreamhost upgrade broke people's sites too. If your sites are hosted with them and you got an email about an upgrade, it would be a *really* good idea to check your sites.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Bluehost upgrades and doesn't bother to tell anyone, you just find a huge new error log in each directory as you are uploading updates. I am so ready to move those last sites.

Move them to HostGator. I Never have any problems there. I host all of my sites there.

http and a telephoto
    2busy, I have been helping several people move off Dreamhost and Bluehost the past month. It's amazing how much they don't value their customers and their needs. I've been moving people to Knownhost VPS. (no affiliate program, so no reason to recommend other than I like them and love their support.)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks, I'll take a look. I've been evaluating a few others too. I'm pleased with good old HG but don't want all sites on one host no matter how great.

Really didn't mean to hijack the thread by mentioning host issues, but it is a host issue if they make changes that affect scripts. As far as the php5/PopShops issue it would need to fixed by the host because the errors aren't caused by PopShops.

The host that fixed my PHP problem was LunarPages.

Good response time and reliable host. No problems for several years with no downtime on server at all.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread