Tax Paying Member
    Good News
    This is the kind of news that affiliates like to see.........

Previous Per Sale Commission: 15.00%
    New Per Sale Commission: 20.00%
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Are you sure that's good news?

If the merchants site doesn't convert at all the % could be 100% and it wouldn't matter

Back in the day I had a program that told me that same exact thing and when I went to their site they had changed it up and added a huge phone number in big red letters.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny O'Hare View Post
    Are you sure that's good news?

If the merchants site doesn't convert at all the % could be 100% and it wouldn't matter

Back in the day I had a program that told me that same exact thing and when I went to their site they had changed it up and added a huge phone number in big red letters.
    You may have a point there...............The 800 number is in black rather than red. There is also a click through for special shipping discounts which may or may not set a new cookie.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Well, it sounded good at first. This is the reason that we need to take time to visit the sites we are sending people to, and more and more I'm finding surprises.

Recently a designer clothing place that I do rather well with sent the "offer" on CJ for 20% instead of 10%. Of course I accepted it. My conversion rate went to 0% during the period in which the commission rate was 20%. Shortly thereafter, they sent another "offer" changing the rate back to 10%. I went ahead and accepted that rather than wait for the offer to expire, just in case that would mean that I would have to reapply. Two hours after accepting the new 10% rate, the sales started to flow again. WTH.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Yeh I don't place much emphasis on #'s anymore w/o some research

ABW Ambassador
    This would only be relevant if this was one of your top merchants, for the everyday merchant I couldn't give a toss.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Tax Paying Member
    I know better that to count my chickens before the eggs hatch, but it has been such a down year that I let my eyes glaze over with hope...........Yes, raising the com rate does not make the conversions happen........

if the merchants site doesn't convert at all the % could be 100% and it wouldn't matter
    Carolina China

Nice quote Vinnie, could not be more true.

Affiliate Manager
    I really don't understand why so many aff programs do this kind of things... it's just stupid, I mean, if you are not straight with your affiliates, pay on timeand have reliable stats, the program will lose credibility and that is the beginning of the end... why it's so hard to understand?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread