Very Cool - Datafeed Info Feature Utilization
    Wow, so I really like the new Datafeed Info Feature Utilization Indicators on ShareASale. Not sure how long they have been there, but I wish other networks would do the same thing.

I was doing my quarterly, sign up datafeed merchants for my price comparison website work, and I found that I could scan a merchants Datafeed Feature Utilization and know if I should even bother with the program.

If a merchant didn't supply MPN or UPC, I didn't join their program. They won't get many sales from my site because their offers will always be eclipsed by merchants who do provide such data. Products from merchants that do provide this data get grouped together on my site and these product groupings are promoted. This is true for most price comparison websites...

Just goes to show, if you are a merchant with some competitive pricing and you don't provide UPC or MPN + Manufacturer, you are missing out on many sales opportunities. Heck, even if you don't have competitive pricing, but you sell something that will go out of stock on all the major retail websites during the holidays, you will be missing out on sales.
    Last edited by isellstuff; October 29th, 2010 at 04:20 PM.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

http and a telephoto
    Some of our merchants have unique products, so their UPC/Manufacturer wouldn't be valuable for you to include. But then again, they are probably merchants that you wouldn't work with.

The other indicators though *are* very useful, and as a merchant, shows us how our datafeeds stack up against others.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread