Question Open Source Affiliate Script
    Hello,

First of all I have to admit to being surprised by no open source affiliate software threads in this forum. I know they exist.

So can anyone provide an open source affiliate script. I want to manage affiliate tracking, payouts via PayPal and it doesn't to to be super robost for my traffic flow, just work well. I would like the option of imputing offline referrals but its not a deal breaker for selecting the best in open source software.

Oh hosting on linux.

Thanks in advance for your review.

Tim
    Last edited by Insiston; November 1st, 2010 at 03:06 PM.

http and a telephoto
    You are a merchant looking for affiliate tracking software to manage your affiliate base?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Question followup to open source script question
    Hi loxly,

Yes, I am an Affiliate with CJ and Clickbank and other affiliate networks, but I am looking for a open source script to setup my own affiliate program.

I don't have the qualifications of 50k per month to setup with CJ, so for now I am comfortable with a script. I am looking to triple my current affiliate website build orders and am ramping up staffing, but am missing the script.

I have used open source alot in the past even as GM for a auto refurbishing company and have been very satisfied with some of the scripts out there and am hoping to find the same satisfaction in a affiliate management script.

I can't help but think someone has tried them out and can recommend one.

Thanks,

Tim

One option for you could be to search at hotscripts for free affiliate softwares - Iknow there are some free, but I can't give you recommendation of specific one, because I never used them. I have experiences just with payed scripts (one of them develop my company)

Another option for you could be to create hosted affiliate software account - a lot of services offer also free startup accounts (you can check e.g. affplanet or similar services)
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Viktor Zeman[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [B][URL=http://www.qualityunit.com/]Quality Unit [/URL][/B] Founder and [B][URL=http://www.qualityunit.com/postaffiliatepro/]Post Affiliate Pro[/URL][/B] developer

looking for user feedback
    Hi Quality Unit,

I use Hotscripts a lot but didn't check there because all the scripts listed are by the vendors.

I was hoping that in this forum there would have been some good recommendations based on experience using the script. So far though not much in the way of feedback.

I don't have the qualifications of 50k per month to setup with CJ
    There are other, possibly better networks that don't cost nearly so much to join. I would be wary of free stuff for a business platform, you usually get what you pay for. There are affiliate capable scripts included in some shopping carts too.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Insiston View Post
    Hi Quality Unit,

I use Hotscripts a lot but didn't check there because all the scripts listed are by the vendors.

I was hoping that in this forum there would have been some good recommendations based on experience using the script. So far though not much in the way of feedback.
    I think, that reason, why nobody responded with free open source script is, that not much merchants use them. Most of merchants go directly to trusted solutions, which are not free. If you do real business, you don't have time to tweak open source software.

Yes, as 2busy suggested, one of the options is to enter any affiliate network and accept some small monthly fee or buy affiliate software for one time fee and develop your own in-house affiliate program.
    In each case you should earn in short time much more as you will invest into software.
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Viktor Zeman[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [B][URL=http://www.qualityunit.com/]Quality Unit [/URL][/B] Founder and [B][URL=http://www.qualityunit.com/postaffiliatepro/]Post Affiliate Pro[/URL][/B] developer

Hi Insiston,

Affiliate program is a quite sensitive part of a web business. Once you start with a software you can not easily leave it. Because by this time 100 of affiliates may have joined and published 1000 of links. Porting everything to a new system is costly affair if not impossible. You will have no option but throw it away if none is available to help you out when your stuck. And open source affiliate programs may appear good at start but soon it may require changes when you will start operation with it. The mechanics of affiliate system is complex and it requires high reliability in managing tracking, fraudulent activities & proper calculation of money. I would not have opted for open source scripts because open source systems are most vulnerable to be hacked. It is OK for a blog site but never for a affiliate tracking system.

If you earn from the affiliates, you should not mind to pay for it. But I will suggest you to start there where there are somebody responsible for any problem. For free software none will be responsible.

If you have a low budget or no initial budget I will suggest to join hosted services who will allow you to start free of cost. You may have to buy it when you will cross the threshold activity limit.

If you start with a buggy software you can never succeed. Because affiliates will leave you when you can not meet their requirements or fail to listen to their problems.

Thanks,
    Lutfal Hoque
    Last edited by lutfal; March 26th, 2011 at 03:55 AM.

Good Point
    Hi Thanks,

That's really what I was hoping to get out of the forum. Your answer makes sense and addresses the issue at hand.

Makes sense,

Thanks,

Insiston

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread