Congratulations San Francisco - World Series Champions!
    Okay, this Texas boy is a bit disappointed, but I must admit that San Francisco certainly deserved this win.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Congrats San Francisco! Awesome job! Wow!

I was pulling for San Francisco, but had my doubts. I am now a believer. Before the series started, I thought the Rangers were gonna win it in 6 or 7. But, the Giants' bats were on fire and they had the pitching to match it for most of the series.

As the Pet Shop Boys say... Go West... Congrats SF Giants! Well done!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    As a diehard Dodger fan since they came to LA in 1958, it is extremely painful to say, but Congrats to the Giants. Their dominating young pitching staff and timely hitting (especially from former Dodger and late-season pickup Cody Ross) were no match for the Rangers, who clearly were the best in the American League. This seems like a shift in the balance of power back to the National League, where it rightfully belongs.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Not only that, but the Texans got WHOOPED on Monday Night Foosball...

Bad night for Texas sports.

Nothing I haven't learned to live with....

Only fair to add that the Giants deserved to win...... Great bunch of ball players.
    Last edited by RemodelingGuy; November 2nd, 2010 at 12:39 AM.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Congrats to San Francisco. Never thought they were a real competitor until game 3 in the NLCS. San Francisco has had many superior teams since I have been a fan, but this team seemed like they were on a mission. Just think of how much better they would have been if they would have bought some good players for the money they gave Zito and Rowand.

Affiliate Manager
    The best part was watching the parade from my 22nd floor office window. I've never been at the top of a ticker tape parade before.

I missed the parade as I no longer live in San Francisco. I am sure the excitement in the city was awesome. I have been a Giants fan my whole life and am still in shock that they found a way to win in such a dominant fashion. I wish I could have been there to see the celebration.

Affiliate Manager
    Hey Chris,

Sorry you missed it. It was pretty exciting. I come to work by BART and there was over 1000 people in line to get on BART that morning . . . in the Pleasanton station no less. Got here and could barely get to my office. (We are right downtown.) They say we have such a young pitching rotation that we could repeat.

Where are you now? Come back for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
    I missed the parade as I no longer live in San Francisco. I am sure the excitement in the city was awesome. I have been a Giants fan my whole life and am still in shock that they found a way to win in such a dominant fashion. I wish I could have been there to see the celebration.

Hey Glenn, I am in Denver now. I went to all Giants/Rockies games here in Denver during the season. That last series in late September was great. I also flew back to SF for game 4 against Philadelphia. That was one of the best games I have ever seen.

I imagine the people who were not Giants fans where pretty POed about those huge Bart lines
    Last edited by Chris D; November 20th, 2010 at 10:17 AM.

Affiliate Manager
    [QUOTE=I imagine the people who were not Giants fans where pretty POed about those huge Bart lines [/QUOTE]

Ironically, I'm a Red Sox fan, but with them not having the best year, got to cheer for my home team. I'll only have to worry if the two teams play each other in the World Series and that's not expected to happen until the year 3034.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn - Prosper.com View Post
    I'll only have to worry if the two teams play each other in the World Series and that's not expected to happen until the year 3034.
    Don't know why you would say that - an incredible load of injuries decimated the Red Sox this season, and they are still the most talented team in the AL - with their great pitching and a little luck on the injury front, they could well get back to the WS next season. The Giants, with, as you say, their great young pitching staff, and a key pick-up here and there, will be in the running for the WS again next season.

Now my dreams series - Dodgers and Angels - that is another story (3034 - maybe)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

lifelong huge Giants fan here

Its still a little surreal, what an amazing run

Win the West on the last day of the season like that and then roll through the Braves, Phillies, and Rangers

WOW

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread