StubHub is ending their affiliate program effective Nov. 30...
    I just received the following email from StubHub:

We regret to inform you that as of December 1st, 2010, StubHub is ending its affiliate program and will no longer be part of the Commission Junction Affiliate Network.

While we appreciate the effort that all of you have put forth in helping us build our business, we believe that focusing on deeper, more strategic relationships with key partners will help us provide the best experience for Fans. The last day any sales will result in a commission will be November 30th, 2010.

Be assured that any referred transactions taking place in November will be paid out as normal. Thank you again for being part of the StubHub affiliate program and we wish you all the best.

Best regards,
    Your StubHub Affiliate Team
    I use StubHub for two college football websites and sell a good amount of tickets. Does anyone have a recommendation for a vendor that has a comparable amount of college football tickets for sale?

Have you seen their Stubhub "Affiliate Marketing Portal"?

I have a feeling maybe they are moving the affiliate program inhouse.
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

I Love StubHub
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Peri View Post
    I have a feeling maybe they are moving the affiliate program inhouse.
    Georgie: I hope your feeling is correct. Years ago, their program was in-house. It was simple and awesome.

I have an account with their in-house program also. StubHub eliminated it a few years ago and then they brought it back, last year I think.

If they are simply going strictly in-house and not using CJ, it was a poorly worded email.

Affiliate Manager
    I'm pretty sure CJ doesn't allow closing programs to announce if they're moving to a different network. They're an eBay company so I bet it's going in-house too.

Bob

they are ending their affiliate program altogether.

I think they named it eBay Partner Network for a reason. I have my guess where it will end up.

News story:

ticketnews.com/news/StubHub-to-end-affiliate-marketing-program-in-December111003913
    Last edited by 2busy; November 3rd, 2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: unlinked URL (affiliate site)

Quote Originally Posted by kk4uga View Post
    I use StubHub for two college football websites and sell a good amount of tickets. Does anyone have a recommendation for a vendor that has a comparable amount of college football tickets for sale?
    I received the same e-mail.. FWIW, I've been using TicketsNow for the past year or so, and I've been VERY happy with them. I got annoyed with SH and their sliding commission scales (based on what type of event you sold tickets to), so I made the switch and never looked back.

PM me if you want a referral link..
    Last edited by Zander Chance; November 3rd, 2010 at 09:18 PM.

Anyone have a update if Stubhub is going to restart there affiliate pogram inhouse?

I cant seem to find any news ...
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Don't hold your breath.

I think that ticketing companies have decided that their dollars are wasted with affiliate programs. They have probably concluded that they would sell the same number of seats without affiliates. For the very big events that is true, but for the rest of the business, including the majority of music events that aren't instant sellouts, that isn't true. I don't expect any of the big ticket sellers to reinstate their programs, however, because the impact of lost sales to the smaller events will be hard to measure while the savings from affiliate payments for the large events that don't need affiliate help to sell out will be huge.

Unfortunately, the effect on the majority of events around the country will be smaller ticket sales and perhaps eventual oblivion.
    ---
    Valerie Magee
    [URL=http://mageenet.net]MageeNET[/URL]

Hi all,

New member, first time poster.

I have a few sites which are generating between 30 and 50 daily clicks to TicketsNow and TicketNetwork via CJ. This is very targeted traffic - visitors looking for tickets for a specific event on a specific date, specific location, etc.

In October and November, I was running with Stubhub. I saw an average of 1.5 conversions per day.

On Dec 1, I switched the offers to TicketsNow and TicketNetwork. In the period of Dec 1-Dec 5, I had 4 conversions. I was happy, as I was not sure what to expect with the switch from Stubhub.

However, I have not had a single sale since Dec 5th, despite an increase in clickthroughs.

I am just wondering what others' experiences are, and if you have any suggestions or comments.

Thanks.

Same issue here. I switched to TicketNetwork. Here are my stats:

Dec. 2009 (w/ Stubhub) - 5,148 clicks, 52 sales
    Dec. 2010 (w/ TicketNetwork) - 18,189 clicks, 13 sales

I may try TicketsNow for a month and see if it's better. Really disappointed in Stubhub. Their brand name obviously resulted in more ticket sales on my sites.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread