Question Build a white label site?
    Hi,

Is it possible to create a white label website on your own domain
    using one of the merchants in the sharesale program?
    I wish ChinaVasion had this setup, would be much nicer for my potential customers
    They would feel at home on my website while shopping for products i have listed for my merchant.

I think merctants are missing out on business without such an affiliate program,
    A customer should get to stay on your site while shopping, right through to the checkout
    The payment and shipping are handled by your merchant
    Yet you are hosting the merchant's site and products on your own domain name.

Is there any simular way to work with this idea?

Thanks
    Last edited by sounds; November 3rd, 2010 at 03:00 AM.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Some merchants allow this through the use of an iframe but you need to get their permission first.

I believe these kinds of setups were used by some in-house programs in the past but it has too many negatives to find very many merchants who want to have that kind of setup. When people order from your site they will be expecting to handle returns, refunds, chargebacks and insurance claims on your site also. They will be looking for your https: security in their cart. Iframes are to be avoided in most instances due to cookie issues and bad search engine ranking. The setup described is much closer to drop shippers than affiliate marketing.

Question Reply
    Thank you,

I have seen a few white label / co-brands, but mostly for web based services.

So what about dropshipping and using the merchant's datafeeds to list their products?
    Is that kind of a give away in your source code? that you don't own the product line.

How to deal with refunds on a dropshipped item,

If someone had to be refunded for an item they got from my website sent by my dropshipper,
    I would have them send me the faulty product and then do a refund and return the product to my dropshippers.

Maybe at a loss, but how else would you deal with it and stil lbe true to your customer?
    Last edited by sounds; November 5th, 2010 at 08:10 AM.

So what about dropshipping and using the merchant's datafeeds to list their products?
    Is that kind of a give away in your source code? that you don't own the product line.
    In dropshipping, you would be using your own merchant account, your own shopping cart, for all purposes you would be the merchant. The suppliers may have datafeeds but more likely a catalog that you build your own datafeed from. You set the prices, you take the payments, you are the merchant except you do no shipping, maintain no inventory.

You would want to do a lot of research before you set up your business, but that is entirely different from being an affiliate for a merchant. You can do a search here on dropshipping and you may get some information, but ABW is not a hotbed of dropshipping info. Good luck.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread