Thread: Polka Dot Design Affiliates

Thumbs down Polka Dot Design Affiliates
    I feel it is my duty to inform you that Greg Hoffman Consulting has terminated its relationship with the new owners of Polka Dot Design. Since Oct. 22, they have demonstrated a disinterest in the Affiliate Channel by their actions—and inactions.

My concern is that affiliates will not be paid for traffic they send to Polka Dot Design in the near future. That is the key purpose of this public statement by GHC.

The GHC team is committed to the relationships we have with our dedicated and talented affiliates and we refuse to tarnish our trust with affiliates. The decision to terminate this client was not easy, as the program was historically very successful for the client and our affiliates. I was happy to recruit top affiliates into the program and motivate them to earn more than $60,000 in commissions since early this Spring.

We appreciate all of your support for the many ethical merchants that GHC represents.
    Last edited by Hectic GHC; November 5th, 2010 at 05:50 PM.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Wow, that is a very strong statement. Thanks for the heads up! Was just about getting ready to promote them.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Yep, too bad as they just got into Popshops.

But if anything happens, I know they are also one click away from being deleted from my pages.

Thanks for the heads up Greg, glad that at least we have some information as far as the status of certain merchants. I know it must not have been easy for you and being fairly new, I have not heard of managers terminating merchants but I guess the relationship does work both ways. I am sure it wasn't easy and that you did it for the best for all parties.

It's official. The new owner just sent out an email to affiliates. The program will be offline sometime this weekend.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

Gosh it didn't take long at all for them to decide to close the program. I just read the email tonight.

The funny part of the merchant email:

"...We do plan to restart our affiliate program beginning in 2011, and hope to work with you in the future to establish a successful relationship. Unfortunately, at this point we are no longer supporting affiliate marketing..."

Perhaps they are not aware that we only have 2 months left in 2010 and that we all know that that is just bogus that they will restart their program again at the beginning of 2011.

Merchants think they can start and stop their affiliate programs with the swish of their wands and that affiliates will easily pick up where they left off. Probably testing the waters and didn't want to burn any bridges. But affiliates do remember and if they do come back, I'll rethink twice.

Sounds like new owners who are a bit on the clueless side - and don't seem to care about anyone but themselves. Such a shame. Time to move on to someonw with more savvy, Greg. I thought they might be worth a try - but no longer. There are plenty of other merchants "who care" and with whom I would rather associate.

Kudos to Greg for making a tough (but right) decision and keeping affiliates informed.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Shareasale Status: Approved and Not-Active (Balance below 0)
    Greg Hoffman

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up Greg. Too bad but their loss.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

They are finally in breach of contract with CJ. Now both programs are offline. What a nightmare for affiliates.

Remember the Alamo!
    Greg Hoffman

11. Newsletter Signup