The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Changing the Ignore List
    There are merchants that paid for their own forums - that I will never vist (because their niche isn't related to mine)

And some of them seem to spend a lot of time promoting their programs and products on ABW, none of which interest me (no offense meant)

So I tried to add one to my Ignore List

and got a message "They can't be ignored - they're an admin/moderator"

Someone like Trust, or 2Busy are mods

These other people are just spammy merchants who I'm forced to scroll past every day

Rather then TWO levels (admin and mods), can you consider a 3rd level - forum purchaser - and give us the option of ignoring their posts

All My Best,
    Billy Kay

I'm in agreement here..

I don't actually view merchant threads as spammy tho (nothing wrong with aggressive promotion) - but it does feel like merchants have been dominating threads lately. Their products aren't my niche, and never will be.

My reasons for being here are more general in nature - monitoring industry issues and dealing with others who understand this business.

There are also some merchants and OPMs who are forum subscribers (owners?) and are also ABW Mods. For example Loxly, me, Chuck, to name just three.

I (suppose) I need to plead guilty to having many promotions on our forum, which was one of the reasons we decided to pay ($,$$$) for a forum to help launch our program a year ago. However, our year is now over and we are not renewing - so that will soon be one less that will be on your "New Posts" search (if that's the way you view ABW ).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    There are also some merchants and OPMs who are forum subscribers (owners?) and are also ABW Mods. For example Loxly, me, Chuck, to name just three.

I (suppose) I need to plead guilty to having many promotions on our forum, which was one of the reasons we decided to pay ($,$$$) for a forum to help launch our program a year ago. However, our year is now over and we are not renewing - so that will soon be one less that will be on your "New Posts" search (if that's the way you view ABW ).
    Those forums are not cheep and I'm betting that no one would buy one if we could selective isolate ourselves from them.

One of the enhancements I have on my list of Dev requests is the ability for users to block specific forums from appearing in "New Posts".

Another request I have made is the ability to have three different views of any search results (which is all "New Posts" is) - (the default) one including everything (as it does now), one that excludes sponsored and off-topic forums, and one that only includes featured threads.

Tons and tons of ideas and suggestions, but a very limited amount of Dev time, so I'm not sure when/if these features will be added.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    For example Loxly, me, Chuck, to name just three.
    For the record, you guys may own subforums - but you also have opinions on our industry worth reading - I wasn't talking about any of you

Best,
    Billy

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread