Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Pay off the house and take the bus...

or

Sell the house and buy my dream car...

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/gallery.jsp

First Time ever in left hand drive.... First time I saw one of these in the US I knew I just had to have one....

Sadly by the time one arrives in Thailand it would cost 3 to 4 times the US price...

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

How about 2nd mortgage the house...

I got my dream car, my trans am. Don't get out of the house much to drive it, but just knowing it is there in the garage is a great comfort.....

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    http://www.highwayone.com/Classified...enYugoCab.html

Wtih my recent earnings I'm thinking of ordering this one: Brand new convertible $20,000

A Yugo pulls up at a stoplight next to a Rolls- Royce. The driver of the Yugo rolls down his window and shouts to the driver of the Rolls, "Hey, buddy, that's a nice car. You got a phone in your Rolls? I've got one in my Yugo!"

The driver of Rolls looks over and says simply, "Yes I have a phone."

The driver of the Yugo says, "Cool! Hey, you got a fridge in there, too? I've got a fridge in the back seat of my Yugo!"

The driver of the Rolls, looking annoyed, says, "Yes, I have a refrigerator."

The driver of the Yugo says, "That's great, man! Hey, you got a TV in there, too? You know, I got a TV in the back seat of my Yugo!"

The driver of the Rolls, very annoyed by now, says, "Of course I have a television. A Rolls-Royce is the finest luxury car in the world!"

The driver of the Yugo says, "Very cool car! Hey, you got a bed in there, too? I got a bed in the back of my Yugo!"

Upset that he did not have a bed, the driver of the Rolls-Royce sped away, and went straight to the dealer, where he promptly ordered that a bed be installed in the back of the Rolls. The next morning, the driver of the Rolls picked up the car, and the bed looked superb, with satin sheets and brass trim. It was clearly a bed fit for a Rolls Royce. So the driver of the Rolls begins searching for the Yugo, and he drove all day. Finally, late at night, he finds the Yugo parked, with all the windows fogged up from the inside. The driver of the Rolls got out and knocked on the door of the Yugo. When there wasn't any answer, he knocked and knocked, and eventually the owner stuck his head out, soaking wet.

"I now have a bed in the back of my Rolls-Royce," the driver of the Rolls stated proudly.

The Yugo owner looked at him and said, "You got me out of the shower to tell me THAT?!?!"

Hey Chris,

How about continue to pay off the house and start paying off the new car?

Or better yet, purchase it for North American use and keep it at your estate over here. I promise to take good care of it for you.

Chris I sure hate to think you'd have to pay 3-4 times extra to have one. What's the deal, is it the freight or what?

Pay off the house. Stay home and work on your site. For what you save on the car and insurance, you can take a cab anywhere and let someone else drive, pay for the gas, insurance and the maintenance. You'll never have to scrape the snow off it. It will already be warm in the winter and cool in the summer when you get in. And, you can turn the garage into a guest house or game room.

One less thing to worry about or be responsible for.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    You'll never have to scrape the snow off it.

Just ordered myself one of these . They've got to build it first though

Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Reminds me of the joke about the Yugo being the world's first disposable car. Kind of like one of those plastic Bic cigarette lighters.

When it runs out of gas, you throw it away and buy a new one...

We used to have a traffic reporter in town known as "Mother Tulsa" patroling the streets in her Lime Green Yugo Limousine. She was hilarious.

Andy

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Some day I want a reconditioned 1965 Mustang. Racing green with a black interior and black soft-top. Just like the one I learned to drive on. :sigh:

Other than that I really don't care much about cars.

Chris, aren't there car dealerships where you live?

Rhea:

My absolute favorite car! (except I'll take mine in candy apple red)

Do both, pay off the house, and send me the money for a vette and you can drive it whenever you're in the states.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    You'll never have to scrape the snow off it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know it snowed in Thailand???

I do agree... pay off the house... there is plenty of time later to get the car...

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Rhea wrote:
    Some day I want a reconditioned 1965 Mustang. Racing green with a black interior and black soft-top. Just like the one I learned to drive on.

Karl wrote:
    My absolute favorite car! (except I'll take mine in candy apple red)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>More Mustang lovers! They're everywhere!! Why drive a Mustang when you can have a vintage Thunderbird instead? They're more powerful, faster, built better, more luxurious, they have all the cool equipment on them like sequential signals, steering wheels that automatically move out of the way for you, coved rear seats, etc.

Plus, a T-bird is usually less money, unless you go for a rare model or a convertible. And the Birds are easier to drive than the Mustangs.

Andy

Cripes! I always wanted a gold 1965 Mustang!
    Sort of like this.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I'm not sure if I call it a dream car but I always wanted a yellow convertible. I bought this about 3 months ago. It's a 92 sunburst yellow miata. There were only 1500 produced. Total blast to drive. I should have posted this in the "what have you bought with your earnings" thread

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Huge tax on cars, especially anything over a 2.0L engine....

Okay I'll buy it, leave it in the States and the person with the most sales each month gets to drive it... fuel not included

I looked at getting a mirrored Corvette in from Australia, but it would still cost too much, looks like its a Honda for me

Dynamoo , one of the guys here suggested I import a kit car from the UK (no tax on parts) or have the whole car broken down and shipped over to reassmeble here...but I can just see the finished car standing there with a pile of gear left in the garage wondering where it was supposed to go

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Chris, the Smart Roadster Brabus (in the photo) only has a 700cc engine.. although it does have a turbocharger strapped to it. It's good for about 120mph I think. Possibly a Mercedes dealer could service it. They seem to be obtainable from HK or Oz.

You could always import Australia's finest car, the Holden Minaro. Not pretty but tons of grunt.

Vroooom
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

I was never a huge fan of Ford until this year when I bought a Ford F-150 truck, great truck. Now I'm waiting to test drive the new Ford Mustang, due out soon.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Until you pay the house off, it's not really yours. It's the bank's.

Pay off the house. Save some money up, and import a 2nd hand Porsche 928GT from Hong Kong. They're a LOT cheaper than a new Corvette, and better, to boot. The import duty will be less and the boat trip is shorter :^)

As for old cars, I'll take a Dodge 440 6-pack in statutory grape, thank you very much. Or maybe a Mach 1 Mustang GTO or a Mercury Cougar Eliminator.

And I'll park it next to the 928GT.

I'm afraid I don't understand how people can get all excited about a standard Mustang.

And yes the new Holden Manaro (sold as the Pontiac GTO in the USA) would be the family car I would be buying if I was living in the USA. It's a BEAST. :^)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drewbert:
    As for old cars, I'll take a Dodge 440 6-pack <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I wasn't too familiar with this car so I did a google image search Do all Dodge 440 6-pack's have naked chicks lying on the hood as standard!!!

I like traffic lights
    &gt;Do all Dodge 440 6-pack's have naked chicks
    &gt;lying on the hood as standard!!!

The one I'm going to buy does :^)

ABW Ambassador
    minaro, manaro - MONARO!

LOL

(Fancy the English and the Americans not being able to spell!)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>(Fancy the English and the Americans not being able to spell!) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fancy the Ozzies being able to build cars

I like traffic lights
    Vicious! :^)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast