Merchant API
    I have been trying to get some resolution for a week now on a Merchant API issue that I am having. I have left several messages with Rolando who is supposed to be the Merchant API guy at SAS. He did respond to one email but it was not addressing my issue directly.

What I am trying to do is pull publisher stats on a daily basis through the Merchant API. There is a report in SAS that is called "Today at a glance." The documentation is as follows.
    Today at a Glance
    action = todayataglance
    date= optional. format mm/dd/yyyy. Default yesterday.
    sortcol = optional. hits, grosssales, reversals, netsales, sales, mcredits, OR commissions. Default sales.
    sortdir = optional. desc or asc. Default desc.
    Example: https://shareasale.com/w.cfm?merchan...e&sortcol=hits

As you can see highlighted above that the "date" argument shows that the default is yesterday. When we pull that API it is actually running real-time results as of whenever the pull happens. I have gone back and confirmed that if you run "today at a glance" it is actual real-time results. We are trying to confirm or deny that the documentation is correct that it is supposed to default and how we can get it to return yesterdays stats.

Any help toward this is much appreciated.

You will need to contact SAS for specifics. If at first you don't succeed, contact Brian at Shareasale ..

Thanks for you reply. As mentioned above I have tried contacting SAS, multiple times. I have left 4 messages for Rolando and even sent an email off to Brian.
    If someone has another email or phone number for Brian or Rolando I am all ears.
    I just figured this would be an additional method to try and get some support.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    jedeSilverBullet,

I don't have any emails concerning the API so not sure maybe it is lost in email land, I'll check my spam filters as well.

Concerning that API report it looks like a documentation error as that report only sends back information about the current day.

If you are looking for historical data, use the Timespan Report and you can specify a date on that.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale View Post
    jedeSilverBullet,

I don't have any emails concerning the API so not sure maybe it is lost in email land, I'll check my spam filters as well.

Concerning that API report it looks like a documentation error as that report only sends back information about the current day.

If you are looking for historical data, use the Timespan Report and you can specify a date on that.
    Brian- Thank you! Thank you! for the response and for the email. Please see my reply to your email. I will go back and try the methods that you suggested and you can consider this initial matter closed. I will try the Timespan API and report.

-Jed

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread