Angry Luggage.com Pulls the Plug just before Christmas Season!
    I just received an email today, from CSN Stores, informing me that Luggage.com is no longer offered as an affiliate program. Instead, I am prodded to apply to CSN Stores. Apparently Luggage has been wrapped directly into CSN.

I just logged into my SAS account, and yes, it is true. Luggage.com is no longer an active merchant for me.

I had created literally thousands of pages using the Luggage.com database, propagated across several web sites. The pages have been up for over a year and are well indexed in the search engines. Now the plug has been pulled on me, just short of the Christmas season.

Obviously, CSN Stores has done this deliberately to dump on the affiliates, like me. Time to go shopping for a different luggage program elsewhere.
    :coffeetim

I got that email too and find it incredible that SAS would permit a merchant to do that. My links are all invalid without warning, my stats are gone, they aren't going to honor the cookie life, obviously.

I wrote back to tell them what I thought of their ignorant handling of what should have been an announced change. They had sent me an "Application Declined" email as though I hadn't been an active affiliate for some years now. CSN is just plain abusing their affiliates and I'll do just about anything with what luggage traffic I have besides send it to them, and I'm actively seeking replacements for every other CSN product I promote.

Karen told me that only inactive affiliates were supposed to have been "Declined" when I asked her what she thought would happen to active PPC campaigns. I don't have one but can't believe that no one else has an active campaign. They may find out the hard way.

BTW, they still show up as an active merchant for new signups.

Lightbulb
    My last sale of a piece of "Luggage" was on 09/06/2010. Would that be considered "inactive?"

BTW, I found a GAN merchant named "LuggageBase" which offers a database of products. Smaller number of products, but its something for me to start over with.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    ......My links are all invalid without warning, my stats are gone, they aren't going to honor the cookie life, obviously......
    I, too, got that same email earlier today. I, too, harbor the same feelings. What a CRAPPY thing to do just before the holidays (being polite here).

To be honest - I never did anything with luggage. However, I do sell a few items per month for CSN (even won a production contest that Tyler held a couple months back). That will soon change. Such a shame.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Got same email, too.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I never got an email, but after reading this I checked SAS's invalid links report... and they all went to Luggage

Looks like I have to change what I originally planned to do today - and I'm starting at 3am to make sure it gets done

Aargh

All My Best,
    Billy Kay

Hello Affiliates -

My name is Katie and I am the Affiliate Manager here at CSN Stores.

I wanted to take moment to reach out to you guys and clear up any confusion regarding Luggage.com's closing on ShareASale.

While Luggage.com WILL BE closing it's affiliate program, it is STILL active on ShareASale, but new, pending applicants are being directed to our main affiliate program CSN Stores (which will include Luggage.com, and already includes over 200 other micro-sites that are part of the CSN Stores brand).

Unfortunately it appears that in "denying" the pending affiliate applications, somewhere along the line a small number of current, active affiliates were affected, and their programs removed. My deepest apologies to those affected in this incident but please know that I am going back and forth with my contact at SAS to determine how this can be rectified and those affected reinstated back into the program ASAP.

But wait, I though you said Luggage.com is closing it's program? Well, yes, it is...but we would never just cut the cord on our active affiliates that way (again I apologize for those few who this somehow happened to). The final come-down of Luggage.com's program won't be in effect until after the busy season, and active affiliates will be fully-informed and given the necessary time to implement any changes on their end. There is no need to worry about this just.

While my apologies can't change the problems some of you are now experiencing, please know we are doing all we can to reinstate those affected.

If you were affected by this and have not had any correspondence with me outside of ABW regarding the issue, please send me an e-mail in my personal box, kpanetta@csnstores.com. Unfortunately I know there are more affected accounts than the few I've spoken to, and I would really value hearing from you!

Thank you for reading and do not hesitate to reach out to me!

KP

All my links ended up on my dead-end page where invalid links get redirected to - since yesterday at least. Luggage.com products were removed from my sites today and replaced with another merchant's luggage products.

There is no way to rectify pulling the rug out from under people who spend their time and money to promote your products and no reason not to have advised all your affiliates of your plans in advance of making the change. Way to fail.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I'm just saying what "I" had to do today - for better or worse.

Took 4 hours to search 14 websites for

luggage.com

m=xxxxxx (your SAS ID) in a link

piellether (they had better product images)

then when I was done, I had to do it all over again because I forget to search for these words in .js scripts (which I use on my sidebars)

I didn't have time (Q4) to search for replacements and I permanently deleted lots of leather golf bags, shoe bags

And my lawyer gifts site permanently lost an entire category - leather briefcases

As I was permanently deleting the page for embossed leather golf bag, I remembered how much work and research went into making it and the keyword research involved to get a good PR

Then, since sooooooooooooo many pages were involved in the deletions, I had to have my internal search engine re-index all the sights (so leather lawyer briefcases doesn't show up in a search on my site). That program is STILL running!

Oh well, can't undo what's already been done

Best,
    Billy Kay

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Lynn View Post
    Hello Affiliates -
    Unfortunately it appears that in "denying" the pending affiliate applications, somewhere along the line a small number of current, active affiliates were affected, and their programs removed. My deepest apologies to those affected in this incident but please know that I am going back and forth with my contact at SAS to determine how this can be rectified and those affected reinstated back into the program ASAP.
    You don't have to bother reinstating me. All the pages I have for Luggage.com are being YANKED from my web sites.

Outsourced Program Manager
    a good example for all AM's/Merchants on what NOT to do.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

ABW Ambassador
    Katie - Not sure who told PopShops to do this but they just announced:

Luggage.com are no longer active in SAS and have been disabled in PopShops.
    Now on my merchants list in PopShops it shows:
    Luggage.com - CLOSED

They are CLOSED, gone, left the building. PopShops links were invalid, not going to the merchant, so it is better to show you that instead of letting you think they were still active. Go to your SAS Account Summary page and look for Luggage.com, they disappeared along with your stats for Luggage.com.

Good Morning Everyone -

I appreciate everyone's responses. Luggage.com is still and open affiliate program on SAS and there is no reason PopShops should have removed the info from their site. I am now working on rectifying this as well.

When the final come-down of Luggage.com happens (early 2011), you will all be notified and given the time necessary to make any changes to utilizing the Luggage.com offering that will be under the CSN Stores program. The program isn't necessarily "closing", but being moved over to our main account so we can operate under one entity (we have over 200+ micro-sites in this program, but for reasons due to decisions made in the past that I wouldn't know about, Luggage.com remained separate).

Again, several "active" users, for whatever reason, had their programs completely removed from the Luggage.com program, which should have not happened. But I am working on having those accounts (that I am aware of only through personal e-mails and this thread) re-instated. From my understanding any links/creative you currently had up would dynamically be accessible again on your sites (for those that have not gone through and made changes already).

I hope to have an update sometime today and again do not hesitate to reach me personally if there is anything I can assist with or if you have not yet made it known to me through e-mail or on here that your program was somehow removed.

Thank you all for listening!

KP

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    They are CLOSED, gone, left the building. PopShops links were invalid, not going to the merchant, so it is better to show you that instead of letting you think they were still active. Go to your SAS Account Summary page and look for Luggage.com, they disappeared along with your stats for Luggage.com.
    No, it was only closed for some affiliates. My SAS account is still active with Luggage.com and all links are still working. I made sales for them yesterday. Even though my links are still working through PopShops the datafeed will not be updated to reflect out-of-stock products so I'd like to see the feed re-activated.

I will say I'm not happy about the Luggage.com program closing/moving to the CSN program as I don't promote CSN Stores much anymore due to ongoing datafeed issues.

CSN/Popshops Issue

I'm not sure after the first of the year that I will continue to promote them.
    Last edited by msladybug; November 10th, 2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: typo

No, it was only closed for some affiliates. My SAS account is still active with Luggage.com and all links are still working.
    After seeing what Katie posted above, I believe you're right about that.

My statement was based on seeing rows of invalid clicks in my SAS account for Luggage.com links and having them diasappear from my merchant list and receiving an email from Katie telling me that the program was closed and moved to CSN.

I need to spend more time looking for alternative merchants.

Hello All,

Just a quick update on all of this!

Popshops feed from Luggage.com should be up and running again soon!

We have also determined a way to find out which few active affiliates out there were removed from the program and will be reaching out to you personally to let you know you may re-apply if you'd like, and all your banners/links would automatically go back into effect and everything re-instated.

We are still working on a way to compensate those affected for any possible lost transactions.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach me! Have a great day all, and thank you for those that have provided personal feedback, etc. As the new Affiliate Manager here at CSN, I can tell you that your opinions are highly valuable to me and my team!

Thanks again!

KP

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread