ABW Ambassador
    Hi, As I mentioned a while ago, but I couldn't find it, I need an audio system to be brought form USA to Buenos Aires, the system is ready in USA (a 220v special version was specially handled for me by a known brand) to be delivered or picked up in the store there to someone who want to free fly soon!

I can give $700 to cover the air-ticket, if you are near miami/new york it will cover the ticket, plus, free tour and some free hospedage nights available in my house (swimming pool included), free excellent restaurants also awarded to the good person willing to make me this big favor.

total weight = 3 compact units, 12 kilos each (24 pounds I guess), so be ready to come with light weight and keep some with you in the airplane to avoid extra fee, free airport pick up included!!

answer ASAP, any suggestion welcome!
    Fer(nando) - US & EU Marketing

I wish I could do this. I want ot visit Argentina. Pero no tengo pasaporte. I applied for it but it takes 6 to 8 weeks.

What is wrong with Fed-X????

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jane:
    What is wrong with Fed-X???? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing at all, it is just more expensive and I prefer to give a free ticket, saving some bucks, but it seems that FedEx will get all the money.

This is perfect for someone who already was going to come here, Money+Bonus just for carrying my heavy system to the airport, it is just that I can't find a trustable person in that condition...

TSA Person: "Are you carrying anything for any other person"

Me: 'uhhh..yes'

TSA Person: 'Did you pack your own bags and have they been in your control the entire time?'

Me: 'uhhh...no'

TSA Person (putting on some rubber gloves): ' Come with me please...'

(Not trying to suggest there is anything inappropiate, Fer, just pointing out some of the 'quirks' of the current US Air Transport system...)

Also, keep in mind that you will most likely be required to pay import taxes on said stereo....

I think that is why you want someboady to take it to Argentina, if someone takes it to Argentina and says it has been used there are no import taxes going into Argentina, taxes I here would be more than the airfare.

I would love to go to Argentina, but DIY is right about TSA, no rubber gloves for me.

Cheers,

Sharon

As I said in the previous thread, why not have it shipping via Air Cargo, phone the airlines that fly to Buenos Aires and ask how much it would cost, less than $700 I'm sure, and the rest could go towards import tax/duty.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DIYRoss:
    TSA Person: "Are you carrying anything for any other person"

TSA Person: 'Did you pack your own bags and have they been in your control the entire time?'
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The answer to these question is YES.
    Because you have received the system in a well known american store, very well known, you have it from the beggining, was in your control all the time. Plus I can offer references from a couple of employees from the company who took care of my special 220v requirement.

About the tax, that is a WOW, ejemm., advantage, of course american citizen are not charged tax when they arrive with their things, I would have to pay import taxes and extra charges with FedEx, slightly more than 50%.

This is going to be the most expensive gift to myself!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJJay:
    As I said in the previous thread, why not have it shipping via Air Cargo, phone the airlines that fly to Buenos Aires and ask how much it would cost, less than $700 I'm sure, and the rest could go towards import tax/duty. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks JJJay, I will investigate, do you know if they would pick up the package or someone have to carry it to the airport?

I believe you would have to have the item dropped off at the airport.

As far as not having to pay taxes on a personal item, that is true, but I think it would be hard to explain why you are bringing a (large) piece of electronic equipment on your vacation When I worked with entertainment production companies, there is a (looonnng) form called a Carnet which lists all equipment being brought into a country for use on the show. The idea is that these items are not taxable because they will not remain in the country. Upon leaving the country, Customs verifies that the items on the Carnet are leaving with you, anything you don't have they assume you sold and you have to pay taxes.

ABW Ambassador
    DIYRoss, wow! thank you for the details!
    hehe Imagine a singer brings the equipment , fills the carnet, then he got robbed all the equipment! then he must pay tax also! hehehe

ABW Ambassador
    BINGO!

Auction is closed, I got the contact, a person knwon by a friend of mine living is USA was going to come here at end of month, now for free.

hurra!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DIYRoss:
    When I worked with entertainment production companies, there is a (looonnng) form called a Carnet which lists all equipment being brought into a country for use on the show. The idea is that these items are not taxable because they will not remain in the country. Upon leaving the country, Customs verifies that the items on the Carnet are leaving with you, anything you don't have they assume you sold and you have to pay taxes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MM, Could you give me some details onthe form? is it very detailed? Suppose that the systemeis sld, then , what is the valueofthe equipment? How much for a used system? how is the price determined? who will do a price research, almost impossible to conduct? Do you have to bring the invoice for every equipment?

Thank you! I want to know, just in case...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fer:

MM, Could you give me some details onthe form? is it very detailed? Suppose that the systemeis sld, then , what is the valueofthe equipment? How much for a used system? how is the price determined? who will do a price research, almost impossible to conduct? Do you have to bring the invoice for every equipment?

Thank you! I want to know, just in case... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://atacarnet.com/faq.htm

Of course, Argentina is not listed on the countries which accept a Carnet, but that may have changed... (I guess I should have checked that before my previous post...sorry). I would contact your Transportation department, or whatever governmental agency deals with international business and transportation...

Fer,

On a completely different note. I did some boot designs that I am selling on my site, and I am having a company in Argentina make them for me. I am doing some leather bags next and I would like to find someone there to make these for me. Do you know of anyone there in Buenos Aires that could do this for me that would have a website and could conduct business via the internet?

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Epic, I did not know anyone, do you need someone who will make your bag design on leather? in Wiich quantity? Have you asked your boot company here for reference? I could search for some, tell me when you know you will need it for sure and I will try to get some contacts...

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread