Smile Affiliate Marketing To Nursing Profession
    Hi Everyone,

I'd like to promote products/services for nurses. However, I'm not finding many profitable ways to do this. I've looked at CB so far. Most of the marketing I've found is through lead generation for nursing programs which I'm not interested in. I could promote books and novelty items which could be profitable. I do plan to write articles and do an ebook on the profession and many sub specialties of the profession but what products/services would I link visitors too? Also, are there any ideas on other ways to promote products/services? Lastly, would this be a potential profitable niche? Thanks in advance for all your expertise and advice.

Trish

Take a look at some of the product oriented networks like Sharasale, Commission Junction and Linkshare and see what they may have available. At the very least I'm sure that you'll find merchants that carry scrubs, stethoscopes and other supplies.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Hi Trish. Welcome to ABestWeb. (I missed your intro a while back, so I thought I'd welcome you here.)

If you can attract traffic from the nursing profession there are a lot of products that can fit. Nursing attire, scrubs, etc. Dansko or Dansko-type clogs that are worn by a lot of medical professionals (and chefs, teachers, ect). We recently added a "nurses' tools" theme check to our program - because someone we know asked us to. It is being purchased, and often enough that we will soon add a couple more related products. So, yes, I think it can be a profitable niche. I believe in niche marketing and much prefer it to the "sell everything to everyone" type of site.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Hi Rematt & Bill,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm a member of CJ and Linkshare and will check those. I will also join Shareasale. I wanted to focus on something I know about so that I could provide good information. Thanks again.

Trish

Quote Originally Posted by pac1028
    I wanted to focus on something I know about so that I could provide good information.
    That's the advice a lot of us give to someone starting out. Promote something in which you have knowledge and, better yet, in which you have a passion. That makes your site(s) more believable (for your readers) and easier to develop (for you).

Maryland, eh? Where? I am from Baltimore some of the time and Fenwick Island some of the time.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

Scrubs was the one thing that came to mind to me. Comfortable shoes would be another good one. I think there are quite a few nursing magazines, too. Talk to some nurses and see what types of products they've found that really make their jobs easier. Pick up a nursing magazine and look through to see what types of companies advertise there - those might give you some ideas of what to promote on your site.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Bill,
    Thanks. I've been in the nursing profession for many years and have burnt out. Now I'd like to do something with this knowledge. I was born and raised in Baltimore, now in Harford County. Fenwick Island is a nice place.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your advice. I have a lot of colleagues who I could talk to. Since reading the last posts including yours my mind has been in overdrive. I now have some ideas on areas to focus on. Just needed some inuput from the experts.

Thanks to all of you.

Trish

http and a telephoto

Stuff like this is popular too
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

loxly,

I like this idea...who wouldn't want their name highlighted on an eye catching plaque to put in or outside the office. I'd like more information about this one .

http and a telephoto
    That one is from The Mail Order Shoppe personalized gifts program. If you get signed up we'll help you get the code for that particular item and others from our other stores (in the same program) as well.
    Deborah Carney

Thanks Loxly,

I've visited the site and would be interested in promoting. This may be starting a new thread but I do have a basic website up which I need to do more work on. What's the best way to start promoting on my site ie. putting a text link or banner on the website or doing something completely separate? I'd like the site to flow logically so the promotions will make sense, not just putting in links that aren't appropriate to what I'm focusing on.

Thanks

http and a telephoto
    Once you apply for the program we have information for you about creating links and links to resources. You can always email me at mos at teamloxly.com and I can help you with specifics
    Deborah Carney

There ya go, Trish - an excellent way to jump in. Loxly (Debbie) is a wonderful person to help you get started. She is very experienced and cares about her affiliates.

Harford County eh? Most of the time I leave Baltimore I either head for the beach or Harford County. I'll be near Churchville for much of tomorrow. I keep my favorite "toy" at Harford County Airport and then will be meeting a colleague for dinner in Havre de Grace.

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    Once you apply for the program we have information for you about creating links and links to resources. You can always email me at mos at teamloxly.com and I can help you with specifics
    Thanks I have signed up for share a sale and am looking forward to getting started. I will also email you too.

Just wanted to say....THANKS for all of the input I received today. I've been reading the post for quite some time but this is the first real interaction I had. This is a great forum for support and encouragement. I appreciate this and if there are anymore suggestions I am open to them.

Bill,
    It should be a nice day for it. Havre De Grace is a nice quaint little town with a great candy store...Bomboys!

Hi Trish,

Welcome to ABW.

I'm career medical and there's lots of stuff out there you can market geared toward the nursing profession. Just start off with a niche or two and build from there.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Use a keyword tool like Wordtracker, entering "nursing" or "nurse" to find what people are searching for. Then write articles addressing those searches, good articles. With this, you can then either monetize with contextual ads (AdSense) and/or promote related products. You can create a top-notch site because you have the knowledge and experience to do so - with enough work and patience (not patients! ) you can get some good traffic. And traffic can be turned into money. The internet is filled with garbage articles - write some good ones and you will get noticed.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Hi Cheesehead & Beachcom,

Great information for me to start off. I've written articles on other topics and submitted them to Ezine. I planned to write articles on this topic but just focus on a couple of niches so I don't feel overwhelmed. Thank You!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pac1028 View Post
    Hi Cheesehead & Beachcom,

Great information for me to start off. I've written articles on other topics and submitted them to Ezine. I planned to write articles on this topic but just focus on a couple of niches so I don't feel overwhelmed. Thank You!
    It is good to write articles for EZine, but they should be summarized versions that point to your site where the in-depth articles are. With respect to how many niches, you want one major topic (niche) and as many related sub-topics as you can (provided they all share a keyword or two), all tied together via a nice navigation scheme on your site. You can start with some broader summary articles for each sub-topic and then branch off each sub-topic with more specifics as time goes on.
    Last edited by Cheesehead; November 16th, 2010 at 09:31 PM.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

QUOTE Cheesehead;It is good to write articles for EZine, but they should be summarized versions that point to your site where the in-depth articles are.

Thanks Cheesehead,

I was thinking about what I would put on my website to backlink the articles too. Now I know to write more general articles for Ezine and link back to my site where I'll go into more detail. What's the best free keyword tool you recommend to find more profitable keywords. Thanks for continuing to give advice for helping me to get started
    Last edited by pac1028; November 17th, 2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Unsure how to enclosed portion in quote form

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread