ABW Ambassador
    http://www.skype.com/skype.html

Anybody have this or know anything about it? Just saw an NBC news story on it. Says: Free unlimited worldwide phone calls to other Skype users. From the makers of Kazaa. Says no ads.

My brother uses Vonage (VOIP), don't know much about this stuff. Anybody use that?

My understanding is that Skype reuses some of the Kazaa P2P file coding so that there are no firewall problems setting it up.

Scary !

However having said that I have a Grandstream VOIP internet phone sitting next to my desk not working as a phone, albeit it is a nice LCD calendar /clock.

I am pretty sure I need to update the firware on my Vigor router/fireall but am loath to do it unless I can put some time on one side in case I mess up my ADSL access.

Les

I use it quite a lot. With a decent microphone the quality is excellent even on a slow internet connection.

Easy set up. No ads. Works through my firewall without me having to do anything. No problems at all so far. It's great!

Riatsala

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, Skype is great. Just tried it with a cousin in Germany and my brother who happens to be at a conference in South Africa at the moment. I'm still on dialup and it was crystal clear. The messengers out there don't even compare.

Trust

I have been using it since nov 2003 and it is AWESOME... i recommend everyone to try it and i even use it to communicate with my visitors for my website.. You really can't beat the price.. I have downloaded the newer version and it has improved a lot. Don't you just love the phone call ring from the desktop

kewl

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread