Question Making Money from Soccer Sites or Blogs
    Anyone here or making money from their football related websites?

I have a soccer blog that gets 6,000 to 8,000 visits a month, but it barely makes money, it could not even hit more than 5$ on Adsense.

The link that appear on the ads are not football related, mostly "places" and "countries" , this is because in the articles are words of places usually connected to a club: Liverpool FC, Barcelona, Manchester United, FC Dallas etc.

I have now slowly shifting to affiliate links. I will give this another year. If it does not make money, I might sell it.

Are you doing good in monetizing your soccer site? Can you give some tips?

Travel is a very competetive field that is dominated by a few players. The people who visit your site are primarily interested in football/soccer and not travel. If you match up your visitors' interests with products and services you may see much more success. Avoid plopping any old banners on your site, visitors are more likely to click on text links. Targeted banners can work very well though. You have already achieved the hard part: building a site that attracts some traffic. Good luck.

While I don't actually have a Soccer site, I do use that as an example in my thread on Article Marketing the right way.

Hopefully you can use some of that information to help monetize your Soccer site.

Thanks for the replies.

I have already posted this same topic in another forum. Those who had experiences in running soccer sites said that 'they had a hard time making money from soccer sites.'

Lanadili, will read the article in the link you provided. Thanks.

Seems like people on the internet reading about soccer would be hard to target for sales, I can't really think of anything they would want to buy that is small enough to ship and they can't already get from the store down the street.

Maybe stuff with soccer team logos tee shirts, pins, etc..? idonno seem like a tough niche.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Why not focus on niche things within soccer.
    Soccer / Football is very broad.

i.e. focus on shoes,
    or jerseys, etc

cos if you do a broad net, you will catch nothing.

Soccer . com have a program on CJ
    World soccer shop . com, in house

Well, my soccer blog used to have a niche. Originally, it was solely focused on scouting young football players, from as young as 5 to 22 years old. I put on a little background of the players, then statistics, then videos. Updated almost daily, but still it did not earn well.

I made a change and widened the topic of my articles, I now scout any players even more than 22 years old. I also post highlights of recent soccer games from leading European leagues. I also post my own opinion about any topic related to soccer.

It is now doing well in terms of traffic, but still it's earning peanuts. My photo blogs which has lesser traffic has decent earning through Adsense.

I guess, affiliate marketing is the way to go for football related sites.

I might also set up another blog or site solely focused on things within soccer, as Eric suggested.

I'm still learning.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Jeffreyw; November 11th, 2010 at 07:14 PM.

According to you, now you got little earning is because you choose the inappropriate ads put on your website. Since you got stable visits, you should try to figuer out what they might interested in, and look for those ads they are interested in then put them on your website.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe View Post
    Why not focus on niche things within soccer.
    Soccer / Football is very broad.

i.e. focus on shoes,
    or jerseys, etc

cos if you do a broad net, you will catch nothing.

Soccer . com have a program on CJ
    World soccer shop . com, in house
    At the risk of "shameless self-promotion" - coincidentally, here is the very last sale I had last night (personally, and just before midnight):
    This report has one or more detail reports that you can view:
    * Sale Item Details
    Datafeed Soccer Checks 1xxxxxxxxxx4-xx0 $17.89
    A lot of people who are really "into" something (hobby, sport, pet) do like to have checks with images showing what they like. There are several checks programs available with soccer checks.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Have you considered selling live soccer/futbol streaming software? Not everyone has access to live soccer broadcasts but they obviously have an internet connection. Check out Marketbay or Profitpal for some well designed soccer streaming sites.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread