Results 1 to 6 of 6
November 11th, 2010, 08:48 PM #1
November 12th, 2010, 09:07 AM #2
Let me ask a more specific question..... How are you importing those links into your data tables? Shortening them ahead of time? Using a Blob field?
I'm using a plug in for Wordpress to parse Datafeeds, so I need to find a solution. The merchant in question is critically important to us.
November 12th, 2010, 10:42 AM #3
I used to use a text(255) field, but changed it to a blob field or something similar when I ran across my first URL that was longer than that.
November 12th, 2010, 10:54 AM #4
November 12th, 2010, 10:55 AM #5
November 14th, 2010, 08:42 AM #6
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
- Reno, NV
I had a problem too with the new feeds. Would upload the feeds and, presto, the links wouldn't work since the links are longer than 255 characters (they usually run around 270 characters or so). Thus, when uploading the feed and the link field in the database used "varchar", the link was cut-off.
The solution was to change the field in the table for the links from "varchar" to "longtext". Best that I know, there isn't a max limit to the amount of characters held in a field using "longtext."
In any event, since doing that links have worked correctly - even if conversions have fallen over a cliff since they rolled out the new feeds. Not sure why - and no longer really worried about it, either.