Weekly Cinema
    I just saw that Weekly Cinema is not letting people redeem their movie tickets.

What are we going to do about this?

I'm not only concerned about my readers--I had plans to bring a group of kids to the movies tomorrow night. I'm stuck!

Oh geez, that was our date night tonight as well I'll go find out what's up. If anything, at least there's the Groupon promise, so if you bought the tickets through us, you'll get your money back.

Back in a couple minutes with an update...

Thanks. Groupon did refund me quickly and without complaint. (I don't know what I'm going to do about the birthday party yet, but I guess that's just another matter entirely.)

Oh, bummer! I'm taking the kids to the movies tomorrow and had planned to use mine. Hope this gets worked out.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Okay guys, just heard back...we're in contact with the Weekly Cinema folks about this and are trying to work something out. We should know something by the end of the day.

I'm holding onto my four tickets for now, I'm pretty sure our guys will come up with something.

It certainly doesn't look very promising:

The future of Weekly Cinema is under review. While this review is being performed, we are not able to process or redeem movie ticket coupons. We are working with our deal site partners to achieve a refund for the unused movie tickets and promo codes in your Weekly Cinema account in an amount not to exceed the price you paid for each of the unused movie ticket coupons.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Just so you know, we will NOT be backing out commission for any Weekly Cinema sales you may have made. You guys referred that traffic to us, you held up your end of bargain and we appreciate that.

Just got this in my inbox (I was also one of the consumers that was affected). So even if you haven't submitted a customer service request (I didn't), your money will be refunded.

Hi Carolyn,

We're writing to let you know that Weekly Cinema has unexpectedly closed and wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this causes. We were sorry to hear this unfortunate news and understand it's a disappointment when you do not get to take advantage of a great deal like this one. We made our best effort to make this work, but unfortunately we were unable to assist Weekly Cinema enough to honor the deal. We sincerely apologize for letting you down, but we will do what we can to make it right and get your money back to you as soon as possible.

30 dollars has been refunded to the card you used to make this purchase. If you purchased a Groupon that was good for multiple tickets and used some of them, we have simply refunded the full amount of your purchase. Please allow up to 10 business days for the refund to reflect on your end.

Again, we're very sorry that you were unable to fully redeem this offer and thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Gary
    Customer Support
    support@groupon.com
    Last edited by CTanK; November 13th, 2010 at 12:01 AM.

I am REALLY impressed with the way that Groupon is dealing with this.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread