Kildare, near Dublin. Ireland.
    Been Badly Burned by Affiliate Manager.
    About a month ago, because I trusted him, I gave an Indian Affiliate Manager $715.00 to do an agreed number of tasks for me. He did nothing and finally stopped returning my e-mails. I paid him through Paypal. I live near Dublin. Do I have any redress I wonder? Thanks.
    Andrew Rynne.

Tropical Mountaintop
    That depends on how you paid him through PayPal. Have you visited their site to see what recourse you have? If his services were offered on a site and the payment was made via a link on that site, then they will help you recover funds in most cases. If it was just a send money link, maybe and maybe not.

If you used a credit card to pay Paypal, talk to them, too. There are time limits on these things so a lot depends on when payment took place.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    West Covina, CA
    Dublin, Ireland or Dublin, California?

Did you have an actual signed agreement or were the "tasks" merely memorialized in a series of emails? Was there a time frame specified? Did you agree to his TOS either in a document or as stated on his website, and if so, are there terms that apply to this situation, such as time frame and the specification of a location (India, Ireland, California, etc.) under which laws the "agreement" are to be interpreted and, if necessary, litigated?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Mansfield, TX
    Definitely dispute this through PayPal and/or your credit card company (if you funded the transaction with your credit card, which gives you the most protection). I doubt you have much legal recourse, as legal fees would quickly dwarf any potential recovery.

If you're not succesful through PayPal/CC, I would just chalk this one up to education.
    Michael Coley
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Houston TX
    Where did you meet the person?
    elance, etc or one of those spammy emails?
    if you did it through a network or marketplace like eLance - you might be able to get some help from them

all the best

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread