Using Groupon affiliate with my twitter account
    Hi!
    I m having some city targeted twitter accounts and I want to ask you if its possible to follow the scenario below in order use groupon affiliate program.
    I already have a cj account with PID's, I also have a groupon affiliate account with enabled api.
    So, here we go :

1. I want to gather all city groupon offers as rss feeds or at least text links
    2. Then place those feeds/links in a "feed to twitter" service like twitterfeed.com(this is already do able)
    3. Twitter feed service will auto post on my twitter account those feeds using short link api's like bit.ly for saving up valuable typing space.
    4. Then whenever a feed is clicked from my account will carry my affiliate ID or PID so when that visitor is landed on the groupon offer page is tracked by groupon.

Most important questions from all these steps are:
    How can I get feeds automatically from groupon targeted to city offers and then how can I put my pid inside those feeds almost on the fly.
    Last but not least I want to know that in case everything is do able then will my short links carry my pid so I can be tracked as an affiliate sale?

My experience shows that if affiliate links have the correct structure then it doesnt depend if I post them directly or use a shortening service, it carries the PID either way.

Let me know your thoughts

Greetings!

Hi and welcome to the Groupon forum on ABW, great to see you here!

All your first steps sound great, I look forward to seeing how you get it all running.

Most important questions from all these steps are:
    How can I get feeds automatically from groupon targeted to city offers
    You can pull them from our API, here's the documentation on how to get deals. Then, you want to pre-pend all the landing pages you pull from the API with a CJ tracking link so it would look like this:

HTML Code:
    http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-CJPID-10804307?url=API_URL
    That CJPID would be your PID from Commission Junction.

Last but not least I want to know that in case everything is do able then will my short links carry my pid so I can be tracked as an affiliate sale?
    Yep!
    best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet
    AllInclusiveMarketing.com
    carolyn-at-allinclusivemarketing.com

Thank you so much for your reply.
    I m going to build a script that is going to automate this procces but first I must do it by hand thats why I posted so many questions.

One more question that I ve sent to Groupon email support regarding tos, am I allowed to promote offers with affiliate links directly on my twitter account?

Yep, go for it! And for future affiliate related questions, it's probably best to hit us up directly at affiliate@groupon.com.

Thank you!

Also need help
    I would also like to automate posting deals with my affiliate ID via twitter for a given city. I'm not very litterate on APIs etc. What I know is that I need to somehow build a RSS feed that any number of Twitter client software programs can pull from to post to Twitter. How do I take the API documentation and use it to build a RSS feed?

Jacob

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread