What kinds of coc acceptable things have you done to get more click thrus? Of course I don't mean anything bho style just the good stuff.

Also what kind of CTR have you been able to accomplish using your methods?

I'm hitting 20% or higher by using a crafty little navigation system that customizes the page results based on what the user searched for previous to landing on my page.

I've also experimented with the whole show prices or not thing and have found that not showing the prices can be helpful in some ways but showing them helps you get into froogle and other comparison engines. Because of that I've decided to use the prices but make it very clear that it's only a reference not a fact.

Another thing I've done is use multiple about 4 buy links per product. Each of them is termed a different way such as "more info" "get current price" and of course "buy now" & "click here to order"

Anyways I just thought I'd offer my knowledge in hopes to gain even more if some of you participate in this thread. I think 20% is about as good as it gets but I'd love to see someone getting even more share their experience with us.

Yes but clicks aren't the goal. Sales are the goal. How does all that translate into sales?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Sales remain a constant dependant upon the merchant and product line. Example if you normally get 1/50 you should still get that.

This 20% is all new to me. I've previous ran about 10% and sometimes 15%. If something goes haywire I'll be sure to let you know. In the past I've not seen any change in conversion rates going from 5,10 and even 15% CTR. The only change was an increase in my income. Mind you this is not about tricking customers at all.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Yes but clicks aren't the goal. Sales are the goal <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Clickie = No Sale

A process that is not started cannot be completed.

my best performing site has a 38% CTR

No tricks
    The links to retailers are on the bottom of my pages and i have one link with the retailers name and another link with Get keyphrase and more info.

This site uses three retailers that provide a service.

38%CTR
    1.7% conversion on my visitors and 2.5+% conversions on CTR's

conversions are normally higher but one of my retailers for this site have not been converting as well as it normally does.
    dave

Any Trick to get someone to click is parasite like activity.

ABW Ambassador
    He's not meaning trick in how you think, deception. More like what methods (tricks) you use to get more clicks.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Promises of instant hair growth per each click on my MPB site really works well!

Uhhh, just kidding
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1:
    He's not meaning trick in how you think, deception. More like what methods (tricks) you use to get more clicks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly but as I'm sure you know I used the phrase intentionally to draw some attention lol.

If you can't tell the difference between a legit method to get clicks and what ecom refers to you are an idiot. This thread is about valid kosher methods.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kapsat:
    my best performing site has a 38% CTR

No tricks
    The links to retailers are on the bottom of my pages and i have one link with the retailers name and another link with Get keyphrase and more info.

This site uses three retailers that provide a service.

38%CTR
    1.7% conversion on my visitors and 2.5+% conversions on CTR's

conversions are normally higher but one of my retailers for this site have not been converting as well as it normally does. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fantastic! Your design must point everyone straight to the links. I've found that even html table structure plays a role in CTR's. Left side right side top bottom etc.

I've only posted this topic to try an help affiliates send more traffic and make more money. It's up to everyone to decide if they want to help others or if they are just blowing steam when they say we are a helpful forum.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Well we all try to get "click-thrus" in legitimate manners - that's what we are supposed to do.

Add a little mystery to the product if possible
    List benefits of the product
    Compare product to others or list other products

Basically do a lot of the stuff any good advertiser would do. As long as the clicks are not "forced" but voluntary based on accurate data, this is perfectly legit.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    Descriptions...Descriptions...Descriptions!
    ...whether it is a merchant's site in general or a specific product.

Personally I find that most merchants advertising departments excel at creating artful and eyecatching banners but fall short of creating exciting and interesting verbage to describe their own products or services. I operate a couple of free niche directories and I use merchant sites as "seed"...especially for a new sub-category that I don't have submissions in yet but that I want to create (also generates some revenue ). Most of the time I have to visit multiple major directories for ideas and compose my own descriptions for the product or service in question. Every merchant should spend at least 5 minutes writing a GOOD summary of what their site, service, or product has to offer, preferably in a format similar to what you would submit to Yahoo or DMOZ (even category and sub-category suggestions wouldn't hurt). I can write the descriptions myself...but hey...most merchants have teams of high paid departments that should be better at writing than I am right?

I agree with Stanley. Descriptions are key. Also use a good database search to maximize the chances of getting a click, if you have a mall site.

People like good trustworthy information before they buy from a site.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread