IR Article: Deal Vouchers = Great Last Minute Holiday Gift
    Unlike traditional online retailers who have a drop-dead date for Christmas delivery, Groupon purchases are fulfilled immediately. Buy one, stuff it in an envelope, and voila! Insta-present! Perfect for serial procrastinators and last minute gift-giver emergencies.

Here are some stats from an article that came out in Internet Retailer:

- 88% of consumers say they plan to use, or would consider using, a daily deal site for their holiday shopping.

- 91% say they would appreciate receiving a voucher from a daily deal site as a gift.

It also provides a great breakdown of customers' category preferences from deal-a-day sites for the holidays:
    Retail, 67%
    Restaurants, 46%
    Events and activities, 30%
    Health and beauty services, 23%

Here's a link to the article, sure, it mentions our competitors. Life wouldn't be fun if there wasn't any competition.
    best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet
    AllInclusiveMarketing.com
    carolyn-at-allinclusivemarketing.com

I'll second what Carolyn mentioned above. Last year, my mom's first Groupon purchase (and I was already working here) was 2 Groupon's purchased on Christmas Day-no joke. She interrupted unwrapping presents to ask if it was a good deal, conversation as follows:

"Julia-should I buy this Groupon?"
    "I don't know, what is it?"
    "$25 for $50 at an Italian restaurant, is it a good deal?"
    "Mom, it's 50% off, and we're featuring it. Are you saying we feature bad deals?" I roll my eyes in contempt.
    "Well-uh-um" she stutters.
    "I guess you'd better buy two, to make up for your blasphemy!" We all laugh and read the deal writeup, at which point I buy one for myself too, totaling 3 Groupons to a fab Italian restaurant with homemade pasta... Yummy. Ended up giving 2 as gifts that day to our relatives! Quick gift problem solved.
    Julia Kozuck-Hochstein
    Head of Affiliate Marketing- Zoro.com
    affiliate@zoro.com

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread