I've read conflicting advice on when to use afsrc=1, and would like your advice.

According to the CoC, you do not have to add afsrc=1 to links from bfast.com, cc-dt.com, qksrv.net, and commission-junction.com. However, if you use a redirect script, then you must use the code.

Another thread I read said that it didn't matter if you used those links, that if you did not include afsrc=1 then your links were considered fair game. Is this correct?

If I do add afsrc=1 to the affiliate links, I read that I should never add it to CJ links, only if I use a redirect. What about linkshare, and Performics links?

What about Amazon, is it recognized for use with their links?

RedBox,

Hi and welcome to ABW!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>According to the CoC, you do not have to add afsrc=1 to links from bfast.com, cc-TD.com, qksrv.net, and commission-junction.com. However, if you use a redirect script, then you must use the code. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Another thread I read said that it didn't matter if you used those links, that if you did not include afsrc=1 then your links were considered fair game. Is this correct? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I read that I should never add it to CJ links, only if I use a redirect. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. However with the *NEW* urls, I'd highly suggest that you add it to them also.

[/quote]What about linkshare[/quote]

Linkshare is not a participant of the CoC, they have a separate addendum with those affiliates, as such the technologies already look for the linksynergy link and should not pop or act in anyway. If you are using a server side redirect with a Linkshare link I'd highly recommend adding afsrc=1.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>and Performics links? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Performics links (cc-dt.com) are already covered in the CoC so they should be safe, but once again, if you are doing a server side redirect ... add the afsrc=1.

As always you should check your links [after appending the afsrc=1] with test clicks to make sure that they work properly.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Why wouldn't *Ad Blockers* and the like just pick up on that bit of code and exclude anything with it?

Seems an easy way to identify affiliate links and all the new domains.

[Changed brand name to 'Ad Blockers']
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I'm sure they could, but, there are more effective ways to block the ads, but they don't do that either. My answer was to protect the links from the parasites even with the new Urls, not answering ad blocking technology issues.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread