Hi all,

I have a website that's getting around 400 unique visitors a day. On the site I have a merchant with CJ that is also with SAS. I started this wayyyy back kind of as an experiment to check out the conversion ratio at both networks. Anyways, the merchant in the CJ prgram isn't converting anywhere's close to the conversion rate at SAS. In other words, I want to make about 90% of the sites links going to SAS instead of CJ.

The problem is that I have some pretty good listings in a couple of the SE's and I am afraid that if I change the links to point to SAS it might screw up my listings. I can still make it so the text in the text links is all the same on the page and I can also keep the landing page for the merchant the same. The only difference will be the affiliate link will be SAS instead of CJ. Should I take the chance of losing some #1 spots in the SE's. Right now SAS is converting at about 1 sale in 88 Clicks compared to CJ converting at about 1 sale in 415 clicks. Thanks for any feedback
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Save a copy of the page now, and then try it, you can always switch it back if it doesn't work out.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Just change the links. One thing has nothing to do with the other. YOur positioning is based upon you content and the links that connect to you, not where your links are connected to.

Mike
    Daily Dog News

ABW Ambassador
    Packs I would imagine that the CJ vs. SAS links are for different items to begin with, and that the particular items you have CJ links for aren't good sellers in comparison to those that you use SAS links for.

Personally I would go with the platform that guarantees timely payment rather than waiting for months for them to credit the sales, and to also lose the sales that get credited as $0.00 and then all get voided instead of corrected all at once like they did last year.

In any case, changing the links over should not affect your SE standings at all.

Please don't tell anybody I actually recommended f###g CJ over SAS for anything though.

Thanks QBall, Mike And Bcrab

I ended up changing about 5 links on the page. Good advise Q as to save the page and just put it back. It took me a few to figure out who you were BC I hear what you are saying about the differece with the sales from CJ and SAS and the time waiting but in my case so far this year I'm getting more reversals and less sales from the merchant with CJ. The links I changed are semi targetted so IMO I should be seeing better results than I am. I changed them last night and I'll see if I see any difference and let ya know.

Boston Crab, On another note about the merchant, I've been talking to him a couple times a week about redoing his site. I'm not sure if it will happen or not I even spent a several hours making a new entrance page for them which they seemed to like. It wasn't much better than the one they have now but a slight improvement. I'm still going to try and get them to hire a pro to redesign the site. I think with a professional site they could increase sales by 30% Thanks again for the advise all
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Please don't tell anybody I actually recommended f###g CJ over SAS for anything though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm making a site to tell the world

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm making a site to tell the world <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wouldn't dare.

I just registered packysfreenudedudepics.com so it's ready if needed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I just registered packysfreenudedudepics.com so it's ready if needed <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    K, I'll back off. Hey!!! What do you mean Free Pics. You can get a ton of money for my nude picks. I'm sure they would sell good on a joke site, scary pic site or something

I'll kick in some money, for you not to create that site.

Ha HA Qball

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I think you guys might be on to something, look how well the character Fat Bastard from Austin Powers went over.

ROTFLMAO Bite Me DFL

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread