While visiting Google to look at my stats I clicked the Display button again -- Then received the below error?

Is google dead?

Google posted a message on the adwords page that they would be down/offline for 10 minutes, I don't know if this affected the rest of google. I can access all of google.

My AdSense stats have been somewhat unusual. It's hard to say really because I haven't been at it for long (30 days now) and we're talking low numbers, dimes and dollars really.

I originally put AdSense on a scripting website, and earned a nice $1-$2 per day from a website I long forgotten that gets little traffic. These numbers were consistant for 3 weeks.

I then put AdSense on a humor website. Overall, my AdSense impressions have doubled, but click counts have dropped somewhat. More importantly, income has dropped to almost nothing.

Traffic to the orignal scripting site has stayed the same. Can't understand how I was getting up to 40 cents per click on average one day, then as low as 3 cents per the next.... by adding the box to MORE sites.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    • Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    • Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    • Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

my adsense stats have steadily climbed since i started using adsense (about 6 months ago).

I'm pleased with them. The numbers can be erratic at times but just yesterday was my top income day to date day for Adsense. I typically set a new high mark about once or twice a month.

Craig noted a significant drop in both clicks & revenue starting on September 02, 2004 and discussed the issue with me. We watched the stats very closely and noted that since Google allowed us to show 3 ads per page (and we implemented this addition) ... the stat changes came exactly on the date we uploaded the Google 3 ad changes to our site.

Our losses have been approximately 1/3 less clicks and 142% revenue loss in comparison to steady averages showing only 1 banner, versus 3 and a search box feature. (our impression stats did increase, but does not equate right)

I wrote Google and received a 'canned-answer' about how stats are dependent on 'ads shown' and the 'rate of pay' ... try different ad types, blah-blah.

I also have a problem with the amount of ad impressions they say are shown versus our page view logs. If Google numbers are anywhere near accurate it means most Google ads served on our site are 'public ads'.

The problem our team has with this issue is that when we surf our site ... most times all 3 Google ads are shown to us. So, if I take their answer(s) as facts .... a good portion of their impression stats are 'our page views' on the days we monitor site section stats. (hmmmmm)

If these numbers continue at the current dismal stat results since the newest Google ad changes ... we will certainly remove adsense for being a 'non-performance' ad placement service.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Is google dead?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, totally. In a quiet takeover maneuver, I grabbed 51% the company;s voting shares last night and promptly took it offline while we refine our new algo.

Unlike the old Google, I'm willing to share that algo with the world.

In a very simplified manner, it goes like this:

If Spidered Site = My Site
    Then Rank Bonus = 10000 And Penalty = 0
    Else
    Rank Penalty = 100

Hope you all enjoy the new Google!

There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Awww shucks that was my plan, but I hadn't saved up enough eBay nickels.

Of course we'll finally get to see your site though...
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

JP Suave, did you by chance use the same code on both sites, rather than two distinct channels for ads on the two sites?
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Ray When I added the second and third box my sites the money went down i went right back to one per page
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Just under $114. a share today, maybe we can pool our money and buy it. After all it is what made us rich.

http and a telephoto
    Back to SandraR's question, I was just able to log in a check, so maybe that "offline for 10 minutes" was when you checked in.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    &gt; they would be down/offline for 10 minutes,

Not sure what google did within those 10 minutes, but I doubled the earnings compared to yesterday so far today within the last 12 hours, and it was significant improvement.

Thanks google.

However, not enough to buy it back from Leader

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eathan:
    JP Suave, did you by chance use the same code on both sites, rather than two distinct channels for ads on the two sites? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I did use the same code.

Should I not have?
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    • Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    • Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    • Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nyfalcon:
    Ray When I added the second and third box my sites the money went down i went right back to one per page <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thanks, I'll run this by Craig and see if this will bring back the 'fair' results we once had. Definately worth a shot looking at these dismal stat results.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Sorry to cause so much drama - I thought it was hilarious.

All is working fine now

It was just one of those great moments…

When you wish you had captured it - and I did!

au contraire, this is getting interesting. especially since I had my best day in a long time yesterday.

didn't they announce they were weighing sites as to depth or quality of content -- a site that explained or told how to build violins was worth more per click than a site that merely sold violins -- or something like that?

I wondered where that put directories, where you ask your question and get your answer and that's it.

maybe they discovered flaws in that algorithm or model and made a correction.

looks good to me!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> didn't they announce they were weighing sites as to depth or quality of content -- a site that explained or told how to build violins was worth more per click than a site that merely sold violins -- or something like that?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I *seriously* think that what they're doing is exactly the reverse (ie, a site that sells violins would be worth MORE than one that talks about building them, since a sales sites' viewers would be in a buying mood).

Plus, my own stats bear out that SALES is worth more than content to Google as well as to me.

I have one site where I used channels to determine what brings in the most money/click. One channel goes for the Store and the other one goes to the Forum (unfortunately, the general content area isn't on a seperate channel from my other sites, although I may change that just to break it down further).

The Store's clicks are always worth more than forum clicks. The forum clicks are at rock bottom prices, whereas a click from the Store area can be quite lucrative.

I think there are some other threads around here where people have had similar results (Sales being worth more than info-content).
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

hmmmm. they've always claimed to be pro- content, content, content.

anyway, in the last 24 hours I'm seeing a substantial increase and when I can get stats per channel I'll know more.

can't compare over history with this site since it was forced into a hosting move (by Google's actions, by the way) that practically killed the adsense income.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread