Affiliate Manager
    Wait Until Q1 to Announce a New Program?
    Since the fourth quarter is not a good time to introduce a new merchant program (more's the pity), would the first quarter be better?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Depending on the program and network. If you follow the Seven Points of Contact rule then getting started now is branding for your main push Q1. I am not one for waiting to get started when things are perfect but rather to get started and adjust as you gain experience.

I agree with Chuck. If something is worth doing, the best time to do it is right now. When we wait until the perfect time, a lot of times we miss a lot of opportunity.

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."
    George S. Patton
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager
    Your thoughts are appreciated, gentlemen. I suppose the corollary to waiting for the perfect time is 'analysis paralysis.' I know the program isn't perfect (and that definition varies from person to person) but it will continue to be shaped with the guidance of everyone who contributes here. Michael, your tag line made me smile.

Wicksworks you should launch now so you get affiliates up and running for Valentines day
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    It's a difficult choice, in order to be up and running with any kind of visibilty you need to be launching right now, but at the same time , by launching now you risk being totally ignored due to launching so close to Christmas. Most affiliates that I work with tend not to look at new offers from new merchants this close to Christmas due to the risk of promoting "what is new" vs "what they know".

As a rule we try to avoid launching any new programs in November and December due to the high focus on Christmas. Potentially your best bet is to launch softly now, make sure everything is in good order and tested, focus on some very targeted recruitment and then go with a louder broader launch announcement as soon as the Christmas focus has passed

Cheers

chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

I know your currently have your Affiliate program setup but personally I do not think your ready, I think your site still needs some work and Maybe you should submit you site for a site review here: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146

Also from looking at your site you are just an affiliate/reseller from another site so I not sure why affiliatew would sign up with your program when they can signup directly from your supplier.
    Last edited by kse; November 21st, 2010 at 06:46 PM.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

when they can signup directly from your supplier.
    It looks like that would be OK for the merchant, its a MLM so they "win" either way.

http and a telephoto
    Site definitely needs work, and have you checked with the supplier to be sure that you having an affiliate program is allowed?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager
    kse: We are retailers (not affiliates) and deal with several suppliers. Is this unusual?

2busy: The affiliate program has nothing to do with MLM.

kse and loxly: Is it inappropriate for you to comment here on how the site could be approved? I will look over the section on site review.

Thanks to all for your comments.

2busy: The affiliate program has nothing to do with MLM.
    You are right, I don't think an affiliate would get any commission from your residuals. At the bottom of your page you have links to sign up to start your own business, that first link leads to a page for MLM. Your site is recruiting people to start their own similar business. If others sign up, you earn 'residuals'. That is MLM. It is also a leak. There are other leaks on your site that would keep affiliates from sending traffic to your site.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    I might softlaunch now to make sure the site and all the tracking works if you have some people or customers that might put up some links.

Then do things like Press Releases and paid Listing here after the holidays.

To be honest I am already looking at this year as locked up. I just did my calendar for the rest of this year.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Depends on your product, network, etc.

I would favor Chris' feedback. You get lost in the bombardment of offers/calls etc for existing programs. Also, if you get on networks, you get like 30 days brand awareness or notifications by networks.

Put yourself in the shoes of an affiliate, would you want to take a bet on a new merchant that you know will convert or a brand new merchant.

Launch after Christmas - 11/26

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for pointing that out - very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    It is also a leak. There are other leaks on your site that would keep affiliates from sending traffic to your site.

Speaking of Valentines Vinny, merchants should be working on there Valentines promotions now. These should be in place by Jan1!

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread