Affiliate Manager
    Reputable Outsourced Affiliate Management Suggestions?
    Hey everyone! I was hoping you could provide some suggestions for reputable outsourced affiliate help. I'm looking for someone who can help with affiliate recruiting and ad placement negotiation on a performance basis. Our program has been running for a number of years and I'd hate to say that it's on auto-pilot, but we really don't have the resources to spend a ton of time on it like it really needs.

I feel like there's a lot of room for growth in the program, but it is established. I'd be interested in paying a performance based fee based on how much the person can grow the program. So for example say this month we paid out $10,000 in commissions, if that person can grow the program to $20,000, we would pay them something like 20% on the $10000 improvement they made.

We also use iDev affiliate software for our in-house program.

Has any had any successful experience with a company that provides sort of what I outlined above? Many thanks in advance!

There are several OPMs with their own forums here on ABW, they've all been right here for years and are quite likely the most reputable Outsourced Program Managers available, but as for terms, you would need to contact them to gauge interest. If nothing else, they might offer a consultation with advice to help.

To browse their forums, just go to http://www.abestweb.com/forums/ and scroll down to the Outsourced Program Managers section.
    Good luck.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    blitwin, personally I charge a monthly minimum against a rev share. Since it can take 30-90 days to build out a program I need to be paid for my time. Whether taking over an existing program or launching one fresh there is a period where its impossible to make a rev share.

Just dumped a program where 1/3 of my compensation was based on performance. We grew the program 50% the first two months then it reversed itself. The merchant had started conducting conversion testing when the sales reversed. We drove more affiliates and more clicks so tell me that a 50% decrease in average order value and EPC were due to the economy!

I see you are a hosting company offering a good life time value commission and 2nd tier commission. Running in-house means you will have to find and sell some of the toughest affiliates in the business. In-house is 10x more difficult to grow when competing with established network based programs with visible metrics. You would have to spend $10k a month in slotting fees to get the big hosting review sites to look at you. Its a tough vertical but one of the highest grossing around with $350 EPCs.

Affiliate Manager
    Chuck;

Is there a way to get a hold of you besides through LinkedIn? I'd be interested in hearing your proposal. Our affiliate manager email address is on our affiliate page if you want to contact me. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link to it or not.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You can click on my screen name and see my profile, download the vcard. I have just done that for you and will contact you to setup a time for a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    blitwin, personally I charge a monthly minimum against a rev share. Since it can take 30-90 days to build out a program I need to be paid for my time. Whether taking over an existing program or launching one fresh there is a period where its impossible to make a rev share.
    And from my experience, I want to say the hardest and most of the work is front loaded... the first X months.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    And from my experience, I want to say the hardest and most of the work is front loaded... the first X months.
    No argument here. It's just that I'm not really fond of paying a huge performance fee right off the bat because of the amount we already pay affiliates each month. That kind of defeats the purpose of a performance fee.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread