Red face Newbie - B2B promo tips
    Hello everyone,

I am new to affiliate marketing and to SaS. I've had our program set-up for about a month and have approved ~30 affiliates so far. We haven't had any conversions yet, and frankly, most of the sites that have signed up are not really relevant, B2B focused sites. SO, here are my questions:

1. Are there any other B2B merchants out there that have had success with SaS?

2. Is it appropriate for me to promote our program through this forum? (maybe in the November promos sticky?)

3. Are there any other obvious to-do's to promoting our program that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance!

Deanna

November Promos sticky is a good place to post any promos your program is featuring for November. Affiliates see programs there that fit with their sites and join them. To reach a wider scope of affiliates a paid announcement for the full ABW forum would reach more people and give you a month of informing affiliates about your program. Details: Advertise at ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forums

B2B is not a fully developed branch of affiliate marketing yet, but it is rapidly gaining ground from what recent activities here indicate. A new B2B network just recently opened their ABW forum in the past few days.

Thank you, 2busy. I guess I should come up with a promotion and get my program listed!

As for ABW advertising, does anyone have any insight into timing? Since the holiday season is upon us, would it be better to wait until Jan?

If you wish to wait until January, you might want to wait until the week after ASW as an awful lot of affiliates will be occupied with Affiliate Summit West until mid-January.

Others have the opinion that any time is a good time, even if promotions don't begin for a few more weeks. Two announcements went live today.

Ok, thanks, 2busy. Maybe I'll try to get something up early next week. Have a good weekend!

The B2B folks may not be quite as swamped as others this time of year. We launched our non-B2B program on November 4th last year - and it did gain some traction. I would think a good B2B might do well, or at least well enough to make the initial effort worthwhile.

If I weren't involved in some changes with our checks programs right now I would actually have some time to relax. The checks niche is busiest during the first quarter and my travel (affiliate) stuff doesn't pick up again till mid-January. December is actually one of my "slower" months.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Good to know. Thanks, Bill!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread