Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How Can I Get My Backlinks Indexed By Google
    How to I get my backlinks indexed by google search engine

You don't google just finds them on their own. Google doesn't show all backlinks if you have 300 and do a search you might only see 125 (or what ever).

Poor quality links will almost never show up.

Poor quality links will almost never show up.
    Poor quality links can hurt your site. Casual backlinks have been discounted by G. The backlinks with real weight are contextual text links with good anchor text from related sites. Maybe things like link exchanges, paid links and comment spam is what caused the changes?

I would not recommend submitting your site to Google, if you have to tell Google where your site is then your score is lower than if Google finds your site on its own. Its best to just submit an article on one of the major article sites and Google will find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
    I would not recommend submitting your site to Google, if you have to tell Google where your site is then your score is lower than if Google finds your site on its own.
    Where on earth did you get that idea?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

So maybe the better question is what are some of the sites where we can get quality backlinks for free...

when I create backlinks, I ping them with a free tool such as pingomatic.com so that Google knows about it faster.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Poor quality links can hurt your site. Casual backlinks have been discounted by G. The backlinks with real weight are contextual text links with good anchor text from related sites. Maybe things like link exchanges, paid links and comment spam is what caused the changes?
    Poor Quality links can't hurt your site. If anything they will just be discounted. If poor quality links could hurt your rankings, don't you think competitors would aggressively compile "poor quality links" directed to competitors?

Website owners have no control if someone links to them (unless they are manufacturing them) so if anything they carry very little to no weight at all.

As Louise M. said, using a pinging service is a good way to get a link indexed quicker.

Pingomatic is great. You definitely want high quality backlinks but poor backlinks won't hurt you. Keep in mind that it can take some time for the goog to calculate new backlinks for your site.

participate in popular forums which has more users and posts, because when you place your link in profile page or in signature and post good posts or threads, at the same time the thread gets more posters comments. Then automatically it will get indexed in search engines mainly google.

that would only be if the link is not tagged as nofollow which is increasingly rare.

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    So maybe the better question is what are some of the sites where we can get quality backlinks for free...
    Forums, comment on other blogs, social bookmarks... The list goes on. Just know that all blogs are not do-follow and all forums don't allow you to have a signature line. Just do a search

Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    Where on earth did you get that idea?

-rematt
    If it's true, then I'm in serious trouble.

I would not recommend submitting your site to Google
    For every site I have ever built (my own & others), a sitemap gets submitted to google. Why wait for them to find you?

How google finds the site (for the first time) has nothing do with score/rankings.
    Last edited by teezone; December 30th, 2010 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InfoScout View Post
    If it's true, then I'm in serious trouble.
    Hei don't worry if you have submitted your site to Google. That is actually recommended by Google (Submitting your sitemap). This helps them find your pages fast . Why would they create a harmful tool . I don't know where "Chris D" got this idea. This is not true.

Google just show a part of links it indexed, but high quality PR is a good assurance for getting indexed.
    Last edited by StoneWilson; January 19th, 2011 at 07:56 AM.

Google, Yahoo and Bing will find any backlinks that you set up on their own. But if you have set up poor quality links, such as in the numerous cheap directories on the web, they may never display them and may never count them as a link.

One of our clients did a test by purchasing links in 1,000 directories from a link seller. We verified that most of the links are in the directories and are not nofollow links. However, after almost a year none have showed up as backlinks in either Google or Yahoo. Search engines tend to ignore poor quality links.

If you are going to set up backlinks, focus on quality backlinks. They will get indexed and they will help your site to rank better.
    Last edited by Tech Evangelist; January 19th, 2011 at 06:12 PM.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

Arrow Create backlinks to pages that contain your link
    One method I have used successfully to make sure my backlinks are indexed by Google is to create links to the page that contains my link on it. I do this a lot with various social media profiles. If i create an account on a site such as claimid.com I will then create a few links pointing to my new profile page. That way there are additional signals to Google that the page should be indexed. I hope this helps, let me know if you would like a few examples.

pinging after linking is a good way to inform Google that you have created a link.
    naturally i think its not very important cause Google will automatically get your links. may be this process will take some times.so its not your concern. you just continue back linking.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bestwebman06 View Post
    pinging after linking is a good way to inform Google that you have created a link.
    naturally i think its not very important cause Google will automatically get your links. may be this process will take some times.so its not your concern. you just continue back linking.
    cheers
    Pretty agree with you

getting backlinks indexed by google
    When your site has higher PR then automatically your back links will be indexed by google.For this you need to work out with all key SEO techniques to have quality back links.

Mentioning above ways are the best for indexing but you can also index your backlinks on popular social bookmarking sites by bookmarking the URLs.
    Last edited by bestweblover08; February 17th, 2011 at 09:49 AM.

keeping in mind that many sites offer links as nofollows just to discourage this behavior.

How Can I Get My Backlinks Indexed By Google
    I think doing bookmarking is the best option to get indexed.

Actually, doing content is the best way to get indexed.
    Link dropping on social bookmarking sites can get you a temporary traffic jump but in no way benefits your site long-term unless there are hundreds of bookmarks from very different IPs over a long period. Repeated efforts can earn you a spam label.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast