Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How can I get more traffic to my blogg
    I have a website that I am using wordpress to manage. The site has been live for over a year and is hitting all the search engines but I need more traffic. Any suggestions.. My site is The Daily Dollar Newsletter .. I also just setup another Daily Dollar Coupons and I am using coupons.com as the content builder.. Any help would be great..

Thank You in advance,

Jason
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; November 22nd, 2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Newbie outbound links

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Jason, newbies are not allowed to post links until they get signature rights. I removed yours.

Getting traffic to your site is like getting visitors to a brick and mortar store. You can use paid search prior to creating traffic. Ideally you need to learn SEO by reading. Also need to create backlinks by getting sites to list you on theirs. The best thing is to promote your site to as many as possible, start with friends and family. It can take years to develop traffic. You can read the forums here which are full of information.

3. Thanks From:

More Traffic To Your Blog
    Just to reply to your question about getting more traffic to your blog.

I think that is the million dollar question. There are so many ways to get traffic.

I personally start with pay per click so I can test different keywords and find the keywords that convert.

You then have the information to roll out your campaign to SEO, Blogging for long tail keywords, banner ads, article marketing, email marketing, Joint ventures, affiliate marketing and others..

You just have to chose one method and become good at it first. If your a beginner, don't get bogged down with trying to learn all traffic generating methods. Just chose one you feel happy with and work on it.

Hope this helps!

Thank you all for your replies.
    Are there any tools you know of that can view my code to make sure its working properly.. i used alot of the plugins that wordpress offers like SEO tools.. ive been posting almost every day for over a year now and it just seems like the traffic is not showing up..

Thanks again.

my codes just dont work. I guess I will have to work harder to understand the coding system.

Building backlinks to your blog will get you more traffic. Participate in social networks, post on forums and comment on other blogs. And do article marketing.

Article marketing is one thing that you should not neglect; submit articles to ezinearticles.com and other high profile article directories. Also create squidoo lenses. You may want to consider services link AMAutomation and SEOLinkV which automatically submit unique versions of your articles, which of course would have links to your site in them, to targeted blogs.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Thank You everyone for your feedback..
    So far this seems like a great forum with lots of great info..

Thanks again..

It really is a waiting game... I own several sites and each site has steadily increased in traffic since their launch date. I always add new content and build backlinks whenever I can. So if I were you I would just keep doing what ya doing and don't get discouraged.. The large traffic and revenue will come eventually.

Traffic to your Blog
    There are a number of ways to receive traffic to your blog the ways the ones I have used are -

installing wordpress SEO plugins (search google)
    Having specific keywords on your title page for a higher ranking
    creating relevant backlinks
    use social networking sites to promote (Twitter and Facebook)
    Research your keywords to make sure their relevant

If all else fails use PPC (pay-per-click) advertising

Quote Originally Posted by jtbaxt View Post
    Just to reply to your question about getting more traffic to your blog.

I think that is the million dollar question. There are so many ways to get traffic.

I personally start with pay per click so I can test different keywords and find the keywords that convert.

You then have the information to roll out your campaign to SEO, Blogging for long tail keywords, banner ads, article marketing, email marketing, Joint ventures, affiliate marketing and others..

You just have to chose one method and become good at it first. If your a beginner, don't get bogged down with trying to learn all traffic generating methods. Just chose one you feel happy with and work on it.

Hope this helps!
    I completely agree with your method of testing PPC to compile a list of converting keywords when I roll out a new SEO campaign.. But do you do the same thing with blogging?

I've never tried to use PPC for a blog-type web page... because it's not ALWAYS call to action based, which seems not to work as well on PPC.

So if you're generating revenue off of pulling people into your site off of your content, and sending them through affiliate ads... would you still try to use PPC?

You will need to focus on Keyword Research for your blog, so that you know what Keywords you want to target with your content. From there you can start working on getting backlinks (as mentioned above) so that you can show Google what you're about. Try using your keywords in your anchor text within the Link URL to your site (the backlink) so that Google will understand what the content is about

Definitely try out articles based on keywords you've researched (relevant to your blog), trade links with other bloggers, guest post on other blogs, join in on relevant forums with your link (try getting a link with your keyword in the signature) and get active in those forums, especially in threads that are really active.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Continue writing relevant and compelling articles, and over time you'll gain a reputation as the authority. Over time you'll also naturally gain more inbound links, which will help you show up in SERPs for competitive KWs. Also, over time you'll learn how to monetize the quality traffic you've worked so hard to earn.. (see my underlying point?)

14. Thanks From:

You can get traffic from related forums and blogs. Just leave a useful comments or posts and soon enough people will go to your blog. If you've written a relevant article then post it and let everyone know. Don't spam.

Regular visitors is not what you want but it helps to spread the word and somehow helps to put your site up in SERP. What you want is search engine visitors as these are the ones who click on your ads.

Logically depending on your keywords you can only get that much traffic as much as people are searching for it. There is a limit to everything

Where to submit articles?
    What are some other sites (in addition to ezinearticles.com)that are good for submitting articles? Anyone have some ideas? I am trying to increase traffic.

Ally

Quote Originally Posted by affilorama View Post
    Building backlinks to your blog will get you more traffic. Participate in social networks, post on forums and comment on other blogs. And do article marketing.

Article marketing is one thing that you should not neglect; submit articles to ezinearticles.com and other high profile article directories. Also create squidoo lenses. You may want to consider services link AMAutomation and SEOLinkV which automatically submit unique versions of your articles, which of course would have links to your site in them, to targeted blogs.

I am realizing that over time, the traffic starts slightly increasing, also.

Article directories
    Hi Mayobear

If you go to this site you will see that article directories are ranked.

vretoolbar.com/articles/directories.php

Best of luck
    Last edited by 2busy; April 6th, 2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: unlinked URL

You would be better off to do a search here, there are several discussions on article marketing that can steer you away from worthless directories; the comments are from real people who have used these services, not a site trying to sell you stuff.

Hi, have you tried guest posting? That's a really great way to get new visitors to your blog. Being accepted as a guest poster is also an 'silent' endorsement by the owner and this can be invaluable especially if the blog you are posting on is an influential one.

Other method you could try is getting your blog listed in a weekly roundup or something similar. Do a Google search for phrases like "daily link roundup" or "weekly link roundup" and look through to see if there are blogs in your category. Then contact the owner and send in your best content for review. If it is good then you'll most probably be included in their list.

Just a couple techniques not mentioned that I thought might help. Also, make sure your pages are optimized well for SEO by using something like Traffic Travis to access the On page SEO rating.

Joshua

Quote Originally Posted by Mayobear View Post
    What are some other sites (in addition to ezinearticles.com)that are good for submitting articles? Anyone have some ideas? I am trying to increase traffic.

Ally
    Ezine got hit by Google's most recent algorithm change. They lost 130,231 top ranking positions (71%). You could try submitting your articles to sites with the highest percentage increase like wikihow (79.1%), instructables.com (16.7%), howstuffworks.com (15.9%), ehow.com (13.6%).

This information were taken from these sources:

Number Crunchers: Who Lost In Google’s “Farmer” Algorithm Change?

More Farmer Update Winners, Losers: Wikihow, Blippr & Yahoo Answers
    Last edited by affilorama; April 7th, 2011 at 07:34 AM.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

So far the best way I know to generate traffic is use SMO tips, bookmarking, facebook, twitter, video sharing, pictures sharing, etc.

Michelle,

You are right about the affect Google has had on Ezines, although they continue too protest against these claims.

Thanks for the tips about the other sites I will give them a try.

Regards

Thank you everyone for your imput.

Quote Originally Posted by steven300 View Post
    bloging is the big source for getting traffic
    Hi Steven300,

I am gradually increasing the content on my blogs but traffic increase is so painfully slow, do you have any tips of how you have developed your "big source"

How to get traffic for my Blog
    Trying to answer your question after organizing the biggest traffic generation blogging contest, we were able to spot all ways of getting web trafficModerator Note: Removed link

It's easy to drive traffic to your site, however it's a time consuming matter!

But I would suggest to keep quality content ( to get the best type of traffic to your blog, which is search engines traffic indeed), and be active on social networking and bookmarking sites for bloggers, Moderator Note: Removed link

Moderator Note: One more, you're out
    Last edited by 2busy; May 11th, 2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: links removed, ban warning

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast