What is CID on CJ?
    Is this the same as the master account number that appears next to name at the top of CJ interface when logged in?

Any time I've generated links that contain a CID (the form links for products; sometimes they contain CID, sometimes they don't), that number matches up with the account number I know from the CJ interface.

I just did a test purchase and the CID for the tracking pixel on the confirmation page does not match my main account number or any of my PID's. So now I'm wondering if there can be multiple CID's associated with a CJ publisher account.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I thought CJ's CID was a custom tracking element that can be whatever you want it to be for link tracking.

No, that's SID.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

I think CID stands for Customer ID. It's a unique ID for each account. You don't use CID in links.

PID is the Publisher ID. If you are configured with multiple web sites, each one has a separate PID. Links use PID to track to specific web sites.

That's my understanding - someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Sometimes the links do contain a CID. The times I remember seeing them, the CID in the links matched my account number or a PID. The CID in the tracking pixel on a test purchase I made does not match any number that I'm familiar with, which is why I'm asking here.... whether there may be other CID's associated with a publisher's account other than their account number or one of their PID's.
    Last edited by davidh; November 22nd, 2010 at 11:05 PM.

LOL - I just found this "Similar Thread" (listed below) that you had posted in:

publisher with multiple websites: PID vs. CID - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

From what I recall, some older CJ accounts had the same CID and PID. I think they started doing them separately a long time ago, though.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    CID is your customer ID that you see in the upper right hand corner when you login to your CJ Account Manager. The PID is the publisher ID that is created when you add a website for tracking: Account - Web Site Settings. You can have as many PIDs as you create and can use them for other websites if you customize the link.

You only have one CID and as many PIDs as you choose. The PID is passed in the CJ redirect. There are several other IDs that CJ uses with a merchant, I would have to reread the integration manual to figure it all out. We usually only worry about it when setting up the pixel or if there is a tracking issue.

A merchant has their own CID, Tracking ID and Enterprise Tracking ID. I can find an affiliate in the network if I have either their CID or PID.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread