I remember way back when they filmed Rock & Roll High School at my old school. They passed out fliers letting people know that they needed extras and everyone was welcome. Don't remember why I didn't do it, but I still get a kick out of seeing some of the old classmates there in the movie. Making me feel older everyday.

Not too familiar with the ramones so I went to Amazon and listened to their tracks, is it just me or is all their music the same, I mean same background musics with different lyrics!!!

Spencer! Can't believe you passed on that...Rock n Roll High School is like one of my fav cult classics!
    JJJay...you probably heard them and didn't know it...I WANNA BE SEDATED

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJJay:
    ... is it just me or is all their music the same, I mean same background musics with different lyrics!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, JJ it was all about the attitude!

My friends and I were too young to get into bars at the time but on weekends we would sneak out of our houses after 11 and head down to the Bowery to CBGB's...THE place for american punk in the '70s. The Ramones, Blondie, New York Dolls, Talking Heads all played there on any given week.

I'm starting to feel old with only one Ramone left...Peace Johnny, thanks for the memories..

I saw the Ramones three times. Two of the times I count as some of the best and most fun concerts I've seen. The third time They appeared to be in a rush. they played way to fast.

But I loved 'em. When they were on, they were on.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

In 1986, the Ramones played at St. Michael's College (in VT) for an outdoor drunk-fest that the college sposored every spring(called P-Day). I was a senior in high school but a few friends and I had IDs (drinking age was 18) so we went. One of the best days of my life. too much fun. Oh...what I wouldn't give for a time machine.

Wow. All of you people are old !

I saw the Ramones 4 or 5 times. One time I sat on the stage right in front the PA speakers. Talk about "echos of the amplifiers ringing in your head"

JJJay -The Ramones are kind of like AC/DC. They essentially know three chords but man can they play the hell out of them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrSpeed:
    JJJay -The Ramones are kind of like AC/DC. They essentially know three chords but man can they play the hell out of them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thanks, I was in no way putting them down.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Wow. All of you people are old ! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How's this for old? Beatles first US tour concert at Red Rocks, CO.
    ~Ernie

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread