I am curious on what is the common US Bank ATM withdrawal limit per day? And also how much can you windraw at a single time from the ATM?

In my country, maximum withdrawal is 2,000/day and each withdrawal is 1,000 maximum. So we need to withdraw twice if we need to withdraw 2,000.

I thought it was the machine that dictated the amount.

I have wellsfargo accounts and the limit is set at the card level, there are different limits for ATM vs POS. When you get a card there are defaults but you can change them to anything you want by calling your bank.

ABW Ambassador
    My local bank has a max of $300 per day for a ATM withdraw. Most other banks I'm familiar with also have a limitation of around this number.

ABW Ambassador
    My bank also uses $300 as a default...if you want it raised, a request in writing must be made.

in Central New York State limits run from 300 to 500 dollars per transaction or per day, or three transactions per day with a limit of 300-500. depends on your individual bank, I think, here.

ABW Ambassador
    My US bank has a $2000/day, but ATM machines here in my country have a $170 withdrawal maximum, so you will have to repeat the proccess several times to get that..! I did 6 in a row once, that's a lot here.
    Fer(nando) - US & EU Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    One of our banks (LaSalle) lets us each take out 400/day. And I think the other bank, Bank One, it might be 200/day each. It is set by the bank, not the ATM machine. It is also usually set up as a limit within a 24 hr period. Additionally, it is that way as a safeguard to us the customer in case the card(s) are lost or stolen.

I've never tried to get my limits raised so I don't know if it's possible or not, but worst case scenario, you can always go to a currency exchange, grocery store or whatever to get some dough in a pinch.

Hmmm, I was expecting answers such as USD$5000/day!

I never expect it to be as low as USD$300!

+ Reply to Thread