Thread: B2B & affiliate - what are your key questions?

B2B & affiliate - what are your key questions?
    Hi Everyone,

We're working on a podcast covering B2B and affilaite marketing. Before we finalize the content, we'd love to hear what B2B and affiliate questions are on your mind.

Please post here or send them our way! You can email me directly at amy.ely[at]buy.at.

-Amy
    Last edited by Amy Ely; November 23rd, 2010 at 04:59 PM.

Last call for any questions this week

Probably too late, but I've often read that the b-to-b buying cycle is a different creature than the consumer buying cycle. For example, the person with the need isn't always the person with the credit card. Also, there's invoicing, decision by committee (so to speak), longer buying cycles (read the whitepapers first, discuss them, etc.)..

So how can an affiliate program be structured so that an affiliate, who may make a connection in June 2010 but not see a sale until Nov 2010, one that is closed by a phone call or 3 . . etc . . get paid "for the introduction".

I just don't see the existing affiliate model serving as the basis for many b2b transactions. At least not transactions beyond the scale of <$$ to <$$$.
    I'll get the hang of it eventually. :0)

http and a telephoto
    That is a good question, and one that is actually fairly easy to address. With network tracking the way it is now, it is fairly easy for a merchant to assign an affiliate id to a customer that makes phone calls etc before they close the sale.

That is a great topic for another podcast other than the one we already did.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep View Post
    Probably too late, but I've often read that the b-to-b buying cycle is a different creature than the consumer buying cycle. For example, the person with the need isn't always the person with the credit card. Also, there's invoicing, decision by committee (so to speak), longer buying cycles (read the whitepapers first, discuss them, etc.)..

So how can an affiliate program be structured so that an affiliate, who may make a connection in June 2010 but not see a sale until Nov 2010, one that is closed by a phone call or 3 . . etc . . get paid "for the introduction".

I just don't see the existing affiliate model serving as the basis for many b2b transactions. At least not transactions beyond the scale of <$$ to <$$$.
    ...after being sidetracked by ASW and a few other topics, we posted up an answer to your question - sorry for the delayed reply!

New Podcast: Q&A on B2B Merchants in the Affiliate Industry - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

-Amy

6. Newsletter Signup