Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AffiliateFairPlay.com (AFP) and Abestweb.com (ABW) announce the upcoming launch of a new web service available to Merchants, Affiliate Managers and Affiliate Marketing Networks in late October.

(PRWEB) September 13, 2004 -- AffiliateFairPlay.com (AFP) and Abestweb.com (ABW) announce the upcoming launch of a new web service available to Merchants, Affiliate Managers and Affiliate Marketing Networks in late October.

The new service will provide Compliance Testing Results and will assess various mechanisms utilized by affiliates to invoke tracking mechanisms and the conditions utilized to invoke the tracking. The service will also provide an avenue for any interested party to submit Requests for Compliance Testing. AffiliateFairPlay.com will perform the Compliance Testing with the results available through Abestweb.com, the largest and most active online Affiliate Marketing community on the Internet.

While adware applications have been receiving increased attention within the Affiliate Marketing industry, domain-bound affiliates are also reaching new heights in the technology utilized on their web sites and marketing techniques. The testing and reporting will focus on many areas and methods used to generate traffic and sales to merchants and will not focus solely on the behaviors of adware applications.

Since Terms of Service, Codes of Practice and Guidelines for Best Practices vary widely between Affiliate Marketing Networks and Merchant Programs and the rapidly changing marketing strategies implemented by affiliates, the task of monitoring the marketing strategies utilized by partners and determining acceptable practices can be a daunting task for Merchants. Affiliate Managers and Merchants are sending a clear message. They want to utilize their time building their programs and strengthening strategic partner relationships, not performing extensive compliance testing

“The purpose of the service is not to “certify” affiliates based on the practices used to generate traffic and sales to a Merchant,” said Kellie Stevens, President of Affiliate airplay. “It is to accurately identify and describe the behaviors being used by affiliates so Merchants can make informed decisions to maximize their ROI in the Affiliate Marketing Channel and facilitate appropriate branding of their trademark.” Members of the Compliance Testing Service will not only be able to identify practices in violation of their TOS, but they will also be able to identify those practices that are truly innovative and add value to their individual programs.

Haiko de Poel, Jr CEO of ABestWeb.com comments, “ABW has always advocated for fair and ethical practices within the Affiliate Marketing Industry while facilitating open communication between Networks, Affiliate Managers and Affiliates. With over 450 Affiliate Managers/Merchants registered with the ABW community and active participation from the major Affiliate Networks, we recognized providing such Compliance Testing Results through ABW not only meshed with the principles of ABW but also provides a valuable service to our members and the Affiliate Marketing Industry as a whole.”

About ABestWeb.com:
    ABestWeb.com is the largest most active Affiliate Marketing community on the Internet with over 15,500 members, more than half a million-page views per month and over 10,000 posts per month. ABW currently has over 50 individual Merchant forums.

About AffiliateFairPlay.com:
    AffiliateFairPlay.com advocates for fair trade practices within the Affiliate Marketing Industry and provides informational resources for all involved in Affiliate Marketing.

Contact Information:
    Kellie Stevens, President
    AffiliateFairPlay.com, Inc.
    (985)893-0936
    http://www.affiliatefairplay.com

# # #
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Kellie & Haiko:

Kudos & Hats Off!

ABW Ambassador
    WTG Kellie & Haiko
    Cazzie

http and a telephoto
    Sounds great!

FYI, find the typo in this phrase:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>said Kellie Stevens, President of Affiliate airplay <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> oops...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Kellie & Haiko

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Thanks loxly. That must be the "formatting change" the editor made. I fixed it.

http and a telephoto
    I figured it was a test to see if we *really* read the post all the way through....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    A few questions, anyone can submit to have another affiliate site tested and then a report will be available to the general public? Or do sites submit themselves - thus the AFP really acting like a seal that is says it is not. Or is this for the merchants to submit sites? Or is this just to test bho's? I am confused on how the site is designed to be used.

Also who is Kellie Stevens? All i find are some really godawful affiliates sites (you get the godawful stamp when you use a blinking title).

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>available to Merchants, Affiliate Managers and Affiliate Marketing Networks in late October. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems to me a key word "affiliates" was missing in the above quote? Are affiliates going to have access to the information collected and if not, why?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>anyone can submit to have another affiliate site tested and then a report will be available to the general public <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone can submit questionable activity for testing. However, I will have certain triggers which will need to be met for actual testing to happen. This is to weed out folks who submit compliants which are possibly not warranted. It's also a matter of prioritizing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>thus the AFP really acting like a seal that is says it is not <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No we are not a seal nor are we certifying as was stated. We will be reporting the presence or lack of specific behaviors we test for. It is up to the Merchants and Networks to "certify" based off of their own individual TOS.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Or is this for the merchants to submit sites? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, anyone will be able to submit questionable activity.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Or is this just to test bho's? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, not just software applications (many of the applications out there now aren't really bho's anymore.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am confused on how the site is designed to be used. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is to provide Merchants and Networks with accurate information regarding specific behaviors being engaged in or not engaged in by specific entities. And the conditions the behavior occur if applicable. It is a service to assist Merchants and Networks in evaluating their partnerships.

A for example (all made up). I test a particular software application. The application does nothing on clickcs from other affiliates sites or any other clicked link. But it will do an auto redirect in the same browser window on a direct type-in. That's what would be reported. Depending on the Merchant or Network, this may or may not be allowed behavior. The Merchant/Network would have the information they need to make an informed decision.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also who is Kellie Stevens? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be me. Any godawful affiliate sites you found and blinking titles (?) have nothing to do with me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It seems to me a key word "affiliates" was missing in the above quote? Are affiliates going to have access to the information collected and if not, why? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At this time there are no plans to allow for affiliates to access the subscription service here on ABW. I would need some compelling reasons to change my mind on that one. Affiliates really aren't the ones who can do anything about those in violation of TOS, it's the Merchants and Networks that task falls to. I also certainly don't want to be putting any ideas into other affiliates heads. There will also be identifable information in those reports and I will not be making such information generally public and see no benefit in other affiliates having such information.

However, general compliance information will be made public to affiliates for the software applications on the AFP site (ie is x software overwriting affiliate links). This is separate from the subscription service and there will be no charge to affiliates for this information. Affiliates will also know how many tests were performed each month, how many passed/failed/, and then how many passed on a previous failed test (which will hopefully be the case over time) on retesting.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the answers. Haiko should have mentioned you in the post here- because my whole thought was, will this person be as good as Ms B. in catching these people.

This all makes your name Ms. B. even more confusing...

I can pm you the site in question if you wish.

Chet

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Double thumbs up to Haiko and Kellie!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This all makes your name Ms. B. even more confusing... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A woman has to have some mystery. I've actually thought about changing my screen name, but figured at this point that would probably just confuse folks even more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I can pm you the site in question if you wish. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can pm it if you want. :::crosses my fingers that it's not some awful site of mine I've forgotten about.:::

A big congrats to Kellie and Haiko! Sounds great!!

Andy

Wtg sounds great to me good luck! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> A woman has to have some mystery <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are all a mystery to me lmao
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Congrats Haiko and Kellie!

&gt; Affiliates really aren't the ones who can do anything about those in violation of TOS, it's the Merchants and Networks that task falls to. I also certainly don't want to be putting any ideas into other affiliates heads

True! Good work!

Congrats "B" and Haiko!!

well done!!

Get those bad guys!!!

Ebudae

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Way to Go Haiko and Ms.B (BLFH) or the Cajun Queen. Too bad the AM firms, who run over 500 major programs, will never review the results or take action against the rogue BHO's or forced click cookie stuffing affiliates. In three years of posting thousands of threads on the BHO theftware and recently on the cookie stuffers not a one of those firms has posted a single word.

Sure hope the honest AMs and merchants will support this viable/valuable service. I'm concerned the IAB/DMA and network sponsored AM firms will just recruit the most effective browser spammers and SE/PPCSE spammers pointed out in the viewable reports. They must love mass traffic tricksters as never once did a one of them respond back to me when I OUTED some flagrant force cookie abusers. Those AM firms pay no affiliate commissions and keep the real merchants in the dark.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Kudo's to Ms.B & Haiko
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

ABW Ambassador
    Who will do the testing/evaluation? Another affiliate (read: competitor)? There is something fundamentally wrong with that. The phrase "conflict of interest" comes to mind I wouldn't trust a merchant who would allow that.

I agree with the crab, I don't like the thought of someone with affiliate sites going over my affiliate sites, and I hope none of my merchants would approve of such a thing either.
    Is there going to be some kind of standards that you go by?

Just wanted to say that there is a Hurricane in the gulf headed straight towards Mrs. B - so it might be awhile before she can answer.

I have not heard from her today - so I am not speaking FOR her, just giving a heads up.

Take care B, hope you do ok through the storm!!
    Ebudae

Yes, Bster was evacuating early this morning, so I know she'll be out of pocket for a few.

Answering the Crab ... I'm sure that most affiliates would want someone knowledgeable as an affiliate and merchant to do the testing, not some nerd accounting firm who doesn't even know what a SERP is. So having a person who 1)knows what to look for, 2) has the ability to properly identify and document activities of the affiliates is definitely someone I'd want testing.

Above and beyond that, I know that most, if not all will attest to Bster's track record of accuracy, knowledge and integrity.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    My comments are not meant to criticize or disparage B in any way or manner.

It's just that this sort of arrangement would be (rightly) viewed as a conflict of interest in any field.

Hi all,

Ebudae was correct. We were in the possible path of the hurricane and encouraged to evacuate. I packed up my whole biz and left town. I just got back today and have been unpacking, reconnecting computers (one done and 2 to go), trying to catch up on several days work, etc.

I will be answering the questions brought up while I was gone in the next day or so as soon as I get things settled down a bit here. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast