Amazon Commission Changes
    For all affiliates using Amazon.co.uk , Amazon.fr and Amazon.de
    As of 1st December 2010 Amazon is instituting a ceilg on payments to affiliates of £10 per item sold (or equivalent currency)

This drops commission on major sales orders to 1% or under (so much for the 4% minimum !) for goods sold for $1000 or more.
    Notification was hidden in an unnoticeable link with 4 pages of legalese in an email sent to some (but not all) affiliates

Write and compalin to Amazon if you don't agree to this deal.
    If you don't write (under the legalese terms) you will have been deemed to accept the term by default.

Amazon are not playing fair with European affiliates this time.

Keith
    Last edited by Lemur; November 25th, 2010 at 06:05 AM.

Amazon commission 2
    Sorry I forgot part of their 4 page rules -
    Affiliates now have to include a chunk of text which tells customers that you are an amazon affiliate and that YOU will be getting a commission if they buy something !

My sales for Amazon recently dropped drastically and the reason was that I had not listed ALL my sites with Amazon. I was only getting paid for the original site I listed.
    Amazon did not point this out - but are now crediting all current sales.
    Make sure you list ALL your sites that carry AMazon links if you want to get paid !
    This has happened to three of my friends and only since November 1st so I guess they are tightening up a lot !

8,500 clicks and one sale ? smells funny to me !
    Keith

I never made any money with Amazon and I was using their API and had every product they had on their site on my sites.

I removed all of their links from my sites and started using other merchants and my sales and commissions went wild and I've made more money than I ever had before.

I use the Merchant's datafeeds.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; November 25th, 2010 at 06:33 AM.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Like Ebay,Amazon is a branded name on the Internet. Do they need us? No! The traffic affilates send them is just gravy for them, free traffic! They can basically do as they want

Amazon
    Amazon has loads of affiliates - maybe its a way of cutting them down !
    Many categories are really overcrowded.
    Jewelry for instance - where external companies pay up to 30% commission .
    Keith

The European Amazons have had that cap for awhile now. I don't remember when they introduced it - maybe as long ago as a year - and I wondered at the time whether their already thin ranks would be further reduced. People have asked about it on the various Amazon discussion boards, when they noticed a low commission rate.

You might note that there is now an Amazon Italy.
    ---
    Valerie Magee
    [URL=http://mageenet.net]MageeNET[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Affiliates now have to include a chunk of text which tells customers that you are an amazon affiliate and that YOU will be getting a commission if they buy something !Keith
    This was always the case. I've been with them since 1996. The words "in association with" were always a requirement.

Actually, the requirement now involves a much longer statement that I admit is quite ugly. That requirement is also not new; it's maybe 6 months old. I have both the US and European versions on the Legal page of my web site.

Also, to comply with US FTC requirements, you must make an explicit statement on every page that recommends a product that you got it free, if you did. Lots of new stuff that makes the sites look much more commercial. For those that are there primarily to earn money - as many are - I suppose it's a fair price, but for sites or blogs where passion for the subject is more important than a dribbles of affiliate referrals, the requirements can make one have second thoughts about the whole thing.

Amazon rarely announces changes in their Operating Agreement. I make a point of checking it regularly, even the international ones where I earn even smaller dribbles if anything. For those of you who don't read it regularly and carefully, "a word to the wise ...".
    ---
    Valerie Magee
    [URL=http://mageenet.net]MageeNET[/URL]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread