Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    So I decided I was going to kick back on the couch this evening and relax a bit after a really crazy last couple of weeks. I'm doing the remote thing when I'm stopped dead in my tracks on one of the local stations. They've got one of those ticker things going on the bottom of the screen with doppler radar. TD IVAN it's saying the in the Gulf of Mexico!!!

Ok, now when and how in the heck did THAT happen???? Last *I* heard PA has getting a ton of rain dumped on them from old Ivan. What'd it do?? Make a u-turn out in the Atlantic and head on back down into the Gulf? Will this storm ever die out??? And yeah, I'm still not completely unpacked from evacuating last time, but I really wasn't expecting to be having to keep an eye on Ivan yet.

Then about 2 minutes after seeing that little bit of news, my phone rings. A friend who wants us to go down to Biloxi one night. ROFL. Told them maybe we should wait a day or two before doing that.

the weather forcasters were perdicting this would happen over the weekend...

what happened was when Ivan when back out to sea... it got caught up in an aire stream that sent south then west across central florida iinto the gulf... where there is an expectation the strom will recostitude into a tropical storm... destinaton unknown...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by my2cents:
    the weather forcasters were perdicting this would happen over the weekend...

what happened was when Ivan when back out to sea... it got caught up in an aire stream that sent south then west across central florida iinto the gulf... where there is an expectation the strom will recostitude into a tropical storm... destinaton unknown...

Joe <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> We got clobbered in New Jersey too, floods all over, since the state is surrounded by water on over 3 sides, the rivers,lakes,streams ,downed power lines, and blocked roads,it was a mess, no lights,phones,a lot of seniors were trapped for a long time, since the support teams couldn't get to them,some small boats finally got them to high ground, and into high schools until they coud return, but the damage made some houses unfit,
    JJ

ABW Ambassador
    Jeez, we had rain all summer and it wasn't until these last hurricanes started that things have started to dry out up here. We're having a few tastes of some of the summer weather that we missed all year.

Wayne

And, they now have Jeanne coming Close to the coast of Florida (one model even has it coming across FL like Frances) heading towards NC's coast.

Where are those COLD Fronts!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Well, they're all pretty far away from Florida now, but we have been getting lots of rain and thunderstorms last few days.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics...F/222313W5.gif

Hey Guys,

I'm in Houston and it's all over the news. First time I heard about it was tonight. They are saying that it will make landfall just SW of Houston on Friday AM and we should expect heavy rain.

Spider Man

http and a telephoto
    Ivan the Terrible just won't give up!!!! This is crazy....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

yep, it's headed straight for me - they are saying sometime tomorrow night.

Just hoping it doesn't pick up too much steam tomorrow before it hits!!
    Ebudae

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Tropical storm update from www.weather.com<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ivan redevelops in the Gulf of Mexico
    5:38 A.M. ET Thu.,Sep.23,2004
    Matthew Newman, Meteorologist, The Weather Channel

The remnants low pressure area that was once Ivan has found its way all the way back to the Gulf of Mexico and has now redeveloped and earning tropical storm status. The system is heading toward the Texas Coast and will likely make landfall late tonight or very early Friday. While Ivan is not expected to pack a major punch with wind, it will cause coastal flooding and possibly inland flooding. Meanwhile, Hurricane Jeanne, several hundred miles east of the Bahamas, is one to watch closely if you live along the coast of the Southeast. Jeanne is migrating toward the southwest now, but a large high pressure ridge building north of the storm may drive it west, back toward the southeast coast of the U. S. over the next several days. Come the weekend, residents from the Carolinas to northeast Florida may be glued to their TV sets, watching The Weather Channel... again.
    The future of Hurricane Karl is about the only certainty in the tropical forecasting business right now. Karl is accelerating northward in the central Atlantic and will pose no threat to the U. S. Southeast of Karl, however, the future of Tropical Storm Lisa remains uncertain. It is apparently becoming wrapped into the circulation of a tropical low--which could itself become a depression--nipping at its heels, so it is hard to predict where it might go and how strong it could become. Regardless, it is a long way from the Lesser Antilles and even farther from the U. S., so no point in worrying about it now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think I've ever seen a hurricane double-dip like Ivan has done. What a monster!

I am South of Houston, 2 miles from Galveston Bay and the water levels are already much higher than normal.

We should start seeing rain this afternoon, with heavier rain tonight.
    - I am not young enough to know everything

This has truly been the Hurricane Season From HELL! I can't believe these suckers are developing the way they are, one right after the other, and then after hitting they won't GO AWAY!!

I'll keep everyone in harm's way in my thoughts, you guys need some serious downtime from natural disasters to recover! Be safe everyone...

Andy

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Feel bad for everyone in Florida and the gulf that keeps getting hit with these. It has to be hard dealing with one right after the other. Stay safe and hang in there!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread