Dear Gander Mountain
    I love you guys, but you need to get off of GAN. here's why:

I've spent 3 days building a database structure capable of handling the proposterously long links that Google provides for us to use to promote you.

And guess what? The links still don't work.

So, you missed out on 1000's of fishermen that came through our site this past week. And it's not your fault.

It's Google's fault for being so far out of touch with the way that people utilize datafeeds.

In GAN's defense, they do post here, and try to answer questions. But the fact remains that their platform is simply clunky and difficult to use.

If you check out the one affiliate network that really shines in the outdoor space, you'll find that they actually provide tools affiliates can use. If, for example, you wanted to give us a product feed of your Cyber Monday specials (if you run any), I could have it incorporated in my website in 10 minutes.

Seriously. 10 minutes.

I'm up to 25 hours just trying to use your normal feed at Google. And I'm quitting. And I don't really want to use banners unless I have a datafeed to back it up.

Please consider either having Google work with you on providing a digestible datafeed, or open a parallel program at a competitor. I realize the attractiveness of working with Google, and I wouldn't expect you to pull the plug on the relationship with them.

Just, you know, help a fellow fisherman out. That's all.

I'm pointing you to this thread on Twitter. Feel free to drop me a line there if you need more information.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Wanted to update this with a note that states Google took the time to contact me personally via email about this issue. I don't have my problem solved just yet, but I VERY much appreciate them taking the time to reach out to me.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread