Cyber Monday - So Far....
    ...a ton of traffic....hard to tell how i'm doing overall. CJ is just OK thus far, Linkshare is Linkshare, GAN is MIA

how are you doing so far? seems like sales are posting very slowly today. I hit my daily avg of site visitors around 3PM EST. Lots of shoppers out there!

Similar experience for me. LOTS of Adsense clicks, so I think curiosity and bargain hunting as opposed to a specific shopping plan maybe. We actually doubled our previous record high traffic today, but we've had much stronger sales days, percentage wise.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    It looks like it actually might be my best day ever.

CJ - had the most sales overall. Some merchants getting some first time sales, some surprised me in a good way (one outdoor merchant especially). Overstock, unless some more sales start coming in, not good. Best Buy 0 on thousands of clicks. But with them, last year same thing, then I had one day where pages and pages of sales come in. So have to wait on that one.

Amazon - King as usual. They always kick butt. Will see another day or so to see the full impact.

Linkshare - Walmart kicked butt as usual. Still waiting since the reporting is all over the place with Linkshare merchants. But overall to this point, pretty decent.

GAN - Decent overall. Reporting going out on one of the busiest days of the year, not good.

Adsense - I added a block to the end of my posts on a hybrid good content site/sales site. Working nicely.

Ebay - very nice. Especially with the bonuses. If you make 50% more in Nov or Dec than you did in August, you get a 50% bonus. There were some other lower tiers as well where you can get a bonus. I beat August like half way thru the month. So these next 2 months should be great. Couple of 4 figure bonuses.

So overall, I'm happy with this year's Cyber Monday and BF.

Wanted to add. Take notes while it's fresh. Who's converting, who's not doing anything on your traffic etc. This helped me immensely. I have a simple method:

Merchant X - Great, push them harder next year.

Merchant Z - This merchant sucks, sucked last year as well, probably will suck next year (why don't you learn), so don't put them up or put them at the very bottom and just use them as spider food.

Along with stats and stuff

Alright, back to work.
    Last edited by Trust; November 30th, 2010 at 05:50 PM.

Great post, trust. i think i can almost say about the same as you. some surprises, some disappointments. i'll be doing the same as you next year -- pushing the good merchants, cutting back on those who didn't perform. if they can't do it now, i don't see them doing it ever. in fact, i think there's some i'm going to "fire" before the end of the year he's a summary of how i did:

GAN - Record day....including the numbers of clicks received and # sales. when they resolved their reporting today i was pleasantly surprised.

CJ - slightly above average day (sales wise)...i was excepting more with CJ because with them i had a record # of clicks for one day.
    i learned a long time ago the overstock program shouldn't be promoted...lots of clicks, little conversion (i'm giving up on them)...best buy has always been horrible for me. i have a targeted domain that gets thousands of clicks and i see no sales from them. i don't wonder why their program has such a low EPC.

LINKSHARE - sales still coming in it appears. record traffic day from what i can tell. looking forward to the results.

AMAZON - i haven't incorported them into my sites to be honest. i'll be looking to do more with them next year.

Amazingly, looks like today is going to be a better day for me then Cyber Monday. looking to see how GAN does once they fix their reporting. overall, i have a great feeling about the holiday season going forward.

Good to hear from both of you on that. Tuesday was very interesting. I had half the traffic, but almost just as many merchant click throughs and as many sales (dollar wise).

Our average order size was high too, and if I look back over the last month or so, our average return days was 2+, so I have a lot of hope for the cookies I still have out there.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    At the network level Cyber Monday was great for us. Near 50% increase in sales over Cyber Monday 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink View Post
    At the network level Cyber Monday was great for us. Near 50% increase in sales over Cyber Monday 2009.
    I do believe I participated in that Kinda.... Still getting our feet wet with our new site set up that incorporates a lot of Avantlink merchants.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Kevin, the new site is looking great!

Thank you sir! Driving clicks too, and that's all that matters on the revenue level. We do it as a labor of love as well, but getting a comfortable living off of it might be grand as well.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

We also got a new high level in this Cyber Monday, thank god we prepare well enough, more than 50% new orders keep us spin the whole 12 hours, but still happy!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread