Ticket Master - No Commissions
    Anyone who has Ticketmaster on their site will get this.
    Dear Affiliates,
    As you may have heard we have made many policy changes to our affiliate program. As of October 15, 2010, we have decided to no longer award commissions for tickets sold through our program. Despite this decision, we realize that many affiliates may still benefit from the information and content available via our extensive event database. As a result, we will continue to offer our affiliates access to our creative database, product feeds, as well as our real time tracking and reporting.

Yeah, looking for "free" traffic. Such a shame. That's been hashed around quite a bit over in the Ticketmaster subforum.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

This is what some Merchants will do to affilates. They use us to promote their site and after they are sent traffic dump on us. They also know that many of us might not remove their links and continue with free traffic.

Ack! I can't believe that I didn't get this email! I have searched everywhere, including my archives. I got the one where they changed the cookie length, but I don't have this one. <sigh> I was promoting them for months without realizing that I was getting no commission. And worse, I now have to pay my Sunshine Rewards members the cash back anyway because it was completely my fault that I missed this.

I just assumed that most people were buying tickets on the first day or weren't reporting missed commissions to me. What a crappy discovery!
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Yikes! That was an expensive email to miss. I try to check the existence of merchants and programs once a month. It's a pain but lets me know for sure who's gone. The threads here about various programs help a lot in that respect.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Makes me happy I stopped promoting this merchant after I made the first sale and the commission was so ridiculous, I pulled their links.

The much higher commission rates with other ticket merchants should give a clue as to the screwing this merchant has been doling out from the beginning.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread