OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Impact Radius - impactradius.com
    There have been a number of questions in the private Affiliate Manager only forum asking about Impact Radius. Several weeks ago I had the opportunity to speak with Lisa Riolo, one of the founders. Since them I have exchanged emails with Todd Crawford another founder. Would like to invite both to give an overview of your latest venture and how it is different from what is on the market.

On a personal note, I was introduced to Impact Radius by another AM but never took full advantage of it. I intend to as its a means to connect with advertising agencies that are non-traditional such as print, TV and call centers.

Thanks Chuck! I will post some information shortly. In the meantime, if anyone has any questions about Impact Radius, please post them here or PM me directly.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

I will start with who is involved and why we started Impact Radius and then I will provide more information about what makes us different.

The company was founded by Per Pettersen (former founder and CTO at CJ), Roger Kjensrud (former VP technology at CJ), Wade Crang (former VP business intelligence CJ), Lisa Riolo (former SVP client dev at CJ), and myself, Todd Crawford (former VP sales & bus dev at CJ). We started talking about our ideas for Impact Radius back in 2006. Due to schedules and commitments, we weren't actually able to form the company until the beginning of 2008. We spent the next 2 years building the technology and doing market validation. We launched in beta in January 2010. We have over 100 advertisers, 60 agencies and 400 media partners already using the platform.

Big picture, we wanted to build a technology platform that enabled advertisers, media partners (a.k.a. affiliates) and agencies to work directly together to form performance-advertising relationships without a “network model” exerting ownership over the relationships. We also wanted to expand the traditional online model to offline and include radio, print and tv in addition to web, email and mobile.

So what does all that mean? When we were doing market validation, we heard more and more that advertisers and media partners want to have direct relationships with each other but utilize a third-party technology (vs. an in-house solution) to facilitate theses relationships. We wanted to build a platform that had all of the benefits of both a network and an in-house solution and met the needs of both the advertiser and the media partner (we also provide an agency solution that enable OPMs to manage multiple advertiser campaigns easily).

Here is a short list of some of the benefits to using Impact Radius:
    • Open Directory that lists media partners, advertisers and agencies. This means that media partners can now list their businesses in a directory and receive proposals from advertisers interested in working with them.
    • Flexible, negotiable insertion order terms. Now media partners can negotiate deal terms via the platform and keep track of the changes.
    • Online and offline tracking capabilities. Get paid on sales and leads via offline to online, offline to offline, online to offline, and online to online referrals.
    • Customized reporting capabilities. We can build custom reports for any client quickly and easily.
    • Multiple unique data transfer options for media partners. Get conversion data in real-time via pingbacks and piggyback pixels or by hourly ftp feeds.

As some of you have already seen firsthand, there are many more benefits to our platform – but for the sake of keeping it short (and not sounding like sales pitch), I will limit it to what I posted above.

Basically our goal was to deliver technology that the industry has been craving for many years in an easy to use interface. If you want to kick the tires, feel free to sign up as a media partner (Impact Radius - Join as a Media Partner) or if you are an agency or advertiser contact me for a demo. If there is enough interest, I am willing to do a webinar for media partners to demo the platform. Please let me know if there is interest.

I am very interested in feedback, suggestions and questions.

Thanks!
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

4. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks for the demo Todd - your team has put together a really powerful and flexible product - and best of all, one that is usable. I look forward to setting up our first campaign there.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread