I got slammed again. Since they introduced the new algo on August, my traffic has been going down constantly. I lost hope for this christmas season.

Why? I haven't seen much of Google lately but Yahoo and MSN are good to me. Funny but I still make the same amount of money, I guess if Google was good to me I would double my income.

One of my sites just got slammed too last night. I'm still in the index, but keywords that I use to hold first, second or third spot for have been pushed to the second and third page.
    Nothing on this site has changed except I added a forum to it last month. Does anyone think that this forum I added could have done damage to my site as a whole?
    Could it be possible that since my site had a big increase in the number of new pages (new forum pages) that Google could have penalized the site for it?
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Probably they just thought other things were more important. Your site was just pushed down as others were moved up. I find google like forums.

a major spammer was just un-banned in the coupons category. He owns hundreds of sites many with 1-blah blah and even two --, all interlinked of course. Great job Google.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jane:
    Probably they just thought other things were more important. Your site was just pushed down as others were moved up. I find google like forums. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My sites got hammered today by Google. I had ranked 1st for a few competitive terms and top 10 for many competitive terms.

This afternoon, I dropped to 2-3rd page for most terms. I'm anywhere from 4th to 25th for my own site name today. I have a feeling my site got some sort of penalty / filter.

The sites that got impacted have a lot of datafeed generated pages on them. Anyone have a site without datafeed generated pages that got hit?

ABW Ambassador
    Up a few and down a few on my site. Typical shifting in Google. But, by and large, no major changes that I've seen.

My site that was hit is not datafeed generated. I have a whole bunch of original content and the product pages, while having alot of affiliate links have product descriptions that have been tweaked to avoid duplication.
    And what's worse is the sites that moved up in position are junk, with no original content and lousy design.
    Poor update in my opinion.

on a couple of my sites hits tanked by 90 percent for about three days. no change in PR, but no search engines sending many visitors. I figured the world took a short vacation from shopping.

Mercifully, traffic is going up again today.

[ed. for spelling.]

Odd thing for me the past couple of days is that my datafeed sections have seen an increase in traffic. Google had ripped them a couple of months ago, but now traffic is starting to come back.

Google traffic to my datafeed sites is up.

google has gone from bringing me several hundred visitors a day - to about 50. All since August 25th.

eta - this is a 100% unique content site.

Google hit me hard back in August and for the most part I haven't recovered the traffic. One site that used to get 2000 visitors/day is down to about 200-300. This one keeps falling, very sad. Fortunately 2 of my sites had a slight increase yesterday but it's sort of leveled off today. I think Google is trying to undo a little of the damage they did in August while causing a little more damage in some cases.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread