ABW Ambassador
    Anybody Have AT&T U-verse?
    Right now have Bright House for everything and was thinking of switching. Not sure if everything or just parts of it. With Bright House, they don't carry the NFL network (U-verse has it), too late this year but I want it for next year.

Have an uncle that just went from cable to U-verse, will ask him more about it next time I see him.

For those that have it, cable or internet. Good, bad? Is it as quick or quicker than cable? I realize they have different speed packages. It looks like price wise it's pretty much the same. Any info would be great, thanks.
    Last edited by Trust; December 1st, 2010 at 12:21 AM.

no, but i sell it. i can get you $350 back if you sign up thru me
    all kidding aside, i know a couple of friends who've had it. they say it's just ok. no better or worse then cable.

I keep hearing from my kids that it's awesome! Of course, they work in the industry, creating the networks that carry the various things, so it might have been just showing off their know-how.
    I really, really, really want U-verse, but I don't want to bundle it with anything else. I'm very happy with my internet and phone that are NOT ATT and I want only the massive capabilities of U-Verse.

I have UVerse. It is amazing.

Not only do they have the NFL Network, but you can also get NFL Redzone and now NBA Gamecenter. You'll never miss out on any sports games.

The internet is solid; I've never had any problems with downtime, and I work from home so my connection is necessary every day, all day. I have their highest package which is like 24/2. Realistically, it's more like on average 12 mbit down, but it depends on where I'm downloading from. Sometimes I'll come close to the 18 mbit mark.

The only complaint I have is, 1.) It's more expensive than Time Warner and 2.) their router/IPTV protocol doesn't really allow you to customize much. You're stuck using their DNS, it's not really friendly with other wireless routers.

i have and love it!

record 4 shows at a time, can watch on any TV in house.

24mbs interwebz!

and unlimited long distance house phone <<< i know, who still has a house phone.. but sometimes reception on the 22nd floor is bad with a cell.

you are right.. no NFL package but you do get the NFL Network for free (Thursday night games) and also can get the red zone package.

no complaints
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

I've got u-verse. The 1 DVR shared with multiple TV's is pretty good, although I've had problems with some of the sets getting disconnected form the network and not being able to display the recorded shows.

I also have more outages than with Time-Warner, but I have moved to a new neighborhood that has a lot of construction, with new u-verse streets/houses going on line frequently.

In some neighborhoods, you get fiber to your door, I am getting twisted pair copper cables, so the speed isn't as fast. I'm currently getting: 11.3 Mbps Download and 1.39 Mbps Upload on the most expensive data plan available to me.

I rented an apartment for a few months while my home was getting built and I did have U-verse fiber all the way there. The speeds were incredible and everything was super reliable.

I really like the channel lineup, my wife is having a hard time adjusting to the new DVR menu system. She also misses a local 24 hour news station that we had with Time Warner. I think she wasn't a fan at all, but last weekend we had a free premium channel weekend and went crazy with the DVR. Now we have enough movies to watch for the next month or so, and she is a little more pleased.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

@Jason...dude, no NHL package either!

We were considering it too, but that was our deciding "no" vote. Unless that's changed since last year, but I don't think it has. We're streaming netflix on every tv (and computer and phone) in the house, so that's been working well for us too.

Quote Originally Posted by CTanK View Post
    @Jason...dude, no NHL package either!
    ya.. def a huge fail! They have the channels listed on the menu.. so hopefully it's coming soon!

but on the upside.. you get almost every Fox Sports Channel (ie Detroit, Florida, etc.) which usually i can find whatever game i'm looking for.
    @jasonrubacky

ABW Ambassador
    I think I'm getting NFL network confused with NFL package. From reading:

"That is good news for U-verse TV customers who don’t have access to the NFL Sunday Ticket package because it is an exclusive of DIRECTV."

So I guess you need DirectTV for that. And the NFL redzone is bouncing around game and such. I think I see some of that on NFL.com. I wanted to see full games, looks like the only way is Direct TV or what I've been doing, watching it online at some other sites.

Alright, thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by Trust; December 1st, 2010 at 05:10 PM.

They are advertising like crazy down hear, but Comcast just kills them in their commercials... makes it seem like u-verse is ancient lol

I'll be the dissenting voice. I've had it for about 6 months. through the summer I had continual connection problems, I'd lose internet and TV for about 10 minutes, the system would come up for about 5 minutes then shut down again. They sent a tech out, he fiddled around with some things, but didn't really fix it. From what I can tell, I'm at the extreme end of their 'loop'. When they became available in the area they had door knockers going around selling the service. Basically giving you almost 3 months free to try it. That could have been part of the problem was they over-sold the capacity. It's been better in the past 6 weeks, but it stills drops connection from time to time. I'll likely end up going back to roadrunner(Time Warner) and get DirecTV.

All of that being said, I know someone who lives much closer to their local hub and he loves it and claims to never have any trouble. So, before you jump find out how far away you are from their local access point.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

i have to say.. i just had my first problems w/ Uverse since I've had for about 1.5 years now...

we got bombed by snow all day yesterday and my interwebz kept cutting in and out. TV and phone were fine... but NO interwebz... that just cripples me!!!!
    @jasonrubacky

Does anyone else have problems with child boxes staying in sync with the master DVR? Sometimes I have to disconnect the network cable to get a child box re-synced with the DVR. The other day I had to pull the plug on the DVR to get it recording shows again.

I had problems with my old Time Warner DVR too, but it seems that U-Verses problems are more pronounced, probably because of the added complexity of the setup.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

drecidan 1958
    Seems like a mixed bags of opinions ranging from its awesome, to its just ok, to its bad.

Its not available in my neighborhood at the moment, but my parents have it and they like it.

Probably worth a try whenever it eventually comes in - but if I notice any issues, probably will end up canceling the service rather than fighting connection problems.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Haven't tried it but I do get a salesman at our house every other week trying to sell it to me.

Did talk one of the into helping me with my Christmas lights though. That was a plus.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread