Travel Performance Agency AffiliRed Platform's Avatar
    Creating a Coupon/Deals Feed: advice wanted
    Hi all,

We, AffiliRed, are an OPM managing multiple hotel and travel portals affiliate campaigns.

Right now we have multiple feeds (in xml, rss, csv) for each merchant which are updated regularly.

Now, the idea is to join all of them (we have next to 60 and growing) so we can make it easier for coupon affiliates to update their sites.

My question is:

- is there any data format/structure that you prefer merchants to follow (such as per example the used by formetocoupon.com?

- would that be helpful or would you prefer these to be added to feeds distributors like formetocoupon?

- is there anything you would expect or like in a feed like that one?

I would really appreciate any feedback you may have so we can make it as easy as possible to everyone have these coupons in their sites in an automatised way.

Cheers

Oscar Riera
    AffiliRed

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliRed Platform View Post
    Hi all,
    - would that be helpful or would you prefer these to be added to feeds distributors like formetocoupon?
    Not all coupon affiliates use formetocoupon so it would be good to have your own even if you offer one through them. Put all your offers in one feed and make sure that there are real "start" and "expire" dates. Expire dates way out like 2035 are a waste to me. Coupon sites can manipulate the data, but it needs to be helpful data.

The data fields in FMTC should be an excellent model to copy.

One thing I would add/change is to include a timestamp for start/end dates, rather than just a date. Not everything runs from midnight to midnight, and even those that run from midnight to midnight may be in a different time zone.

Training your merchants what goes in each field is really important (assuming it's self service). With many networks that have coupon feeds, the variations in how merchants use it make it very challenging to use the feeds.

I have some notes somewhere that I'll try to find.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Travel Performance Agency AffiliRed Platform's Avatar
    Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

@John: yes, I thought that. Not everyone is willing to pay or maybe they simply do not like FMTC.

@Michael: haven't spoke with you since AS in NY, I hope everything is going fine. Will you attend Las Vegas?

include a timestamp for start/end dates, rather than just a date.
    That's a good one, thanks. Will do.

I've already had a deep to look to the pinned posts, but is there anything else anyone wants to add?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread