Affiliate Open Secret...Tools you need
    To be successful with affiliate marketing you need to know this three tips

You need a squeeze page

You need and auto responder

You you need SEO

You need SEO anyway. Not all affiliate sites need squeeze pages and autoresponders.

OK!!! What is a Squeeze Page and Autoresponder? Never heard these terms used here.

And which one are you here to try to sell?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

squeeze page was a new one on me too, so I googled it. evidently it's a landing page whose sole objective is to get someone to sign up to a mailing list.

dunno if it has a different meaning here, but an autoresponder is generally used for email, so it responds automatically back when it receives an email, like an out of office type thing.

not really sure how either directly apply to affiliate marketing in my limited capacity unless you're planning on just emailing affiliate links to a list which will undoubtedly represent a tiny fragment of any organic search traffic you can generate.

at the risk of being offensive given my new status, evidently a grammar checker is not one of the requirements to be successful, according to OP, given that 3 out of the 4 lines have glaring errors.
    Last edited by bradk; December 1st, 2010 at 11:43 AM.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by bradk View Post
    at the risk of being offensive given my new status, evidently a grammar checker is not one of the requirements to be successful, according to OP, given that 3 out of the 4 lines have glaring errors.
    many many people here have English as a second or third language. not a problem. we try to figure out the actual agenda and respond accordingly -- or not.

some in the past had legit requests but had great difficulty being understood. we worked it out and they stuck around for a while . . .

we get a lot of "internet marketers" who have read a faulty ebook and now intend to post in every forum possible. and we get some who post with two IDs from the same IP number as a one-two punch.

it certainly keeps the Mods busy!

my apologies, I do know and respect that, I was just feeling a bit snarky given the apparent intent (or lack thereof) -- have difficulties censoring my humor sometimes. I'm generally the first to acknowledge that most foreigners speak English infinitely better than I speak their language.

http and a telephoto
    In affiliate marketing an autoresponder is an email tool that sends out messages on a schedule. So someone signs up for your email list, you can send them a welcome message, then messages scheduled to go out once a day, or once a week etc.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

While sending e-mails through auto responder, make sure that you are not crossing the limit of sending emails an hour. However successful affiliate marketing depends on SEO and new online marketing concepts.
    Last edited by Rozanne; December 6th, 2010 at 09:09 AM.

Give me my 30sec back

I'm still working on it, but after several years of experimenting and learning, I think I'm finally getting a grip on what you need to be considered rich and successful in affiliate marketing:

1) Money (a lot)
    2) Success

Affiliate Marketing To do list
    You need a NICHE (your market)
    Keywords (a specific term to search for)
    A domain (a keyword specific website)
    A blog (Wordpress on your domain)
    Squeeze page, or landing page (a opt-in page to get subscribers)
    Autoresponder (email marketing)
    Affiliate offers (clickbank, Commission Junction, etc)..

There are many other tools and resources that will get you started in affiliate marketing this is just the beginning..

there is an endless amount of tools that can help your affiliate business. However, everyone does not need everything, it really depends on your business and how you market your products.

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    And which one are you here to try to sell?
    I'm new here, but your comment brought out a giggle with me Michal, I guess because of the "selling" link you included .. Only just registered here, it looks like a site where i can learn things to step up my IM efforts.

Jeff

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread